Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anyone out there have any experience with BMW bicycles?

Discussion in 'BMW' started by Eric and Jess, Dec 8, 2014.

Eric and Jess

Hello to all,
    We've owned 2 Beemers and are now driving 2 Bimmers. I gave up the motorcycles after putting 100K under my rump and having 2 fairly bad accidents. At any rate, it started to feel more like work than fun. I now get my speed fix with my Z4 coupe. After spending a long 8 months (and still going) recovery from surgery on my ankle; due to a life time of riding motorbikes, I've noticed my waist size has increased and I'm feeling a little long in the tooth.
    I rode mountain bikes for a long time back in mid 90's and really enjoyed it. I also got into amazing shape doing this. I'm considering getting back into the sport, although it will be more street oriented then when I was younger (i.e. less impact).
    So my question is, does anyone own or have any experience with the BMW bicycles? I'm looking at the 2014 Cruise M; I really like the way it looks and the frame seems unique. The weight seems to be a bit high at 32 pounds (about the same as my old Diamondback), but it seems to have some pretty nice, high quality parts on it. I'm not looking to do the whole spandex thing, that's not my style. I'm more of the laid back, cargo shorts type. I'm sure it's miles ahead of what I rode 15 years ago and high quality like anything BMW, but any input would be greatly appreciated.
    P.S. If there's a Beemer and a Bimmer, what would the bicycle be called? Also I read somewhere that BMW made bicycles for 60 some years?
    Cheers, Eric and Jess.

MGarrison

Good question - a Bipper? (Bayerische Pedaler Werke)?

Eric and Jess

I like that. It sounds good and is fun to say!