Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2008 Z4 marker light

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by EvLwMn, Nov 20, 2014.

EvLwMn

Hello Everyone,

So I am a real dummy. I was backing out of my garage, had a friend in the car so was distracted, forgot his Subaru was in the driveway and backed right into his car. Naturally HIS car didn't even blink. Not a mark on it. However I managed to break the marker light out of the rear fender on the drivers side of my 2008 Z4 3.0i Roadster. This is the little round, red light on the side rear of the rear fender. It's not a tail light, it's the little red round marker light. I can take a picture of the one on the passenger side if someone wants to see which light it is. Please just ask.

So my question is, does anyone have the part number of this light so I can find it online? I found a light online that I *think* is the right one - for around $35 - but it would be helpful to have the correct part number so I can be sure it's the right part.

Also, can anyone tell me how to access the thing to get it replaced? Is there a panel in the trunk I can remove for access? How hard is it to get on? It looks like it has a triangle type mount - three little circles that I assume go over nipple type things on the car to hold it on, then it just plugs in. At least I think that's how it goes on. Any insight, knowledge or help anyone can provide would be very appreciated. I am going to do this work myself and the realm of BMW mechanics is a new thing for me. I'm better versed with working on old Harleys. But BMW wants over $600 to replace this light and that is just insane and prohibitively expensive, so I need to try to do this myself.

Again, any help or advice any of you seasoned BMW guys/gals can provide will be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!

Michelle
    • Staff

steven s

Attached Files:

• 280.png
      280.png
      File size:
      8.1 KB
      Views:
    • Staff

steven s

Attached Files:

EvLwMn

Thank you Steven! I'll look into this. I'm thinking removing the tail light might be much easier than removing the whole bumper :/

I'll keep you posted. Might not get to this until after Thanksgiving as I will be really busy until then. But at least I can use that part # to order the part and have it here.

Thanks again!
    • Staff

steven s

Be sure you get the correct side. :)
    Hopefully someone else responds.
    Good luck!

EvLwMn

Yes I need the left (driver's) side.

Thanks again. Funny thing is, I actually had the right part number! LOL Just wanted to check and make sure though. I'll keep you posted :D

charlson89

Yes the bumper does have to be removed to get to that reflector. I have partially removed the left side of the bumper enough to get my hands in there to replace the reflector.