Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Who makes a good cup holder for an E30?

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by Brian A, May 27, 2008.

cramartin guest

94is guest

I can't believe that none of you know about the e30 factory cupholder! Just put whatever drink you want between the center console and the passenger seat (infront of the seat belt latch) and it won't move. I've been using it for years, holds everything from soda cans to gatorade bottles, and has never ever failed me. :D

Brian A

At the risk of MooseheadM5 sending me another Let-Me-Google-That-for-you-agram, what is the BMW part number for the E30 Factory Cup holder? I have never seen it, heard of it, or found it.

desertVert guest

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. He's referring to the space between the seat and console where you can shove a drink and it will stay put. ;)

Elkoholic

Brian, my man, you're SO not helping yourself out when you say these things...lol And the "Let-Me-Google-That-For-You" is so not going to do it justice this time! ;)

az3579

Oh yeah? And what about those of us with sport seats where the bolster is so firm you'd have to saw it off to wedge anything between there? :p

That's what I used to do with my comfort seats, but these sport seats took away my cupholder!

Brian A

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

It was a joke.

I didn't get it.

I so want to believe in a real E30 cupholderso much,I am prone to delusional thinking.

Rickbee guest

az3579

That's a cheap $4 Walmart cupholder and is next to useless. Ask me how I know.

The fact that someone has a bid in for about $17 is shocking to me.

94is guest

I am a she. :p

It works with sport seats too. You're car just must be too nice. :p

desertVert guest

Oops...my bad.

And for what it's worth, I can shove just about any drink in between my sport seat and e-brake console...towards the back right in front of the seat belt receptacle. ;)

az3579

My seats are practically new... if it was a lot more "used" then I'd see it happening.

How 'bout a game: who can shove a drink between the console and my sport seat? Winner gets a cookie!

94is guest

My e30 needs new seats so badly. They're both twisted (have been since I bought it 4 years ago) and it makes my back hurt after sitting in the car for more than 30 minutes. But the track car continues to need parts, so its been hard to justify spending money on replacement seats. :( I did however promise the e30 that I'll get her new pads/rotors and new strut hats this summer. Maybe even new shocks if she's been good. :p

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh, those krazy kids!

Brian Aftanas says:

Yarrh. Delusional thinking is what had you thinking your E30 ragtop should be parked within a mile of my Zed Fo at Monterey!

And as for Ms. Wright being a person of the female persuasion, we declared her a Genuine Car Guy when she converted her 325i into an M3 single-handed. ;)

94is guest

Crap, Satch is here. :p Everytime I go to work on my article, I feel that I have changed substantially from the last time I worked on it. How am I ever supposed to finish something about me when I'm constantly changing?!

az3579

Count on Satch to do that to ya. ;)

Brian A

Huh? Youth is a relative term, but we are all 19 on the internet.
    I've moved on to bigger goals. I think my car should be parked in that spot where that Motorsport M1, Prototype Maclaren F1 or that 3003tti have been parked over various years. You can keep the lowly front row.
    Gawd. While I am working on installing a cupholder; others swap engines using only one hand. Wow!

az3579

Brian,
    If it makes you feel better, she didn't do it with a single hand. The photo in her avatar explains it all; both hands touched the vehicle! EVIDENCE!
    :D

stevehecht

If it's just the frame that's twisted you don't need to buy a new seat. I have (cloth upholstered) M3 sport seats in my E30. The frame was twisted (and it gave me a helluva backache too) so I brought it to an auto upholstery shop and they welded it together for about $200 just for the drivers seat. Good as new, pretty much.

missmelyssa guest

Cup holders didn't even cross my mind until I read this post. I have sport seats too, so it's too snug to squeeze in a water bottle or anything. I'll have to check out these ideas and products and make a decision later.