Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

How To; using Firefox tools' Style Editor to make Roundel Weekly articles readable

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MGarrison, Oct 30, 2014.

MGarrison

For any Firefox browser users going blind every week reading Rob Siegel & the Roundel Weekly articles due to the silly no-contrast light-grey-text-on-white-background, here's a fix - unfortunately, you have to do it for every article. This works on my screen & computer, not sure that it will for everyone, but you may find it worth a shot.

Bring up the Roundel Weekly article; hit Shift-F7 to bring up the "Style Editor" (or, click Tools/Web Editor/Style Editor from the top menu bar).

Shown in the picture below is what pops up for me - scroll through and change all six "Font Weight" numbers to 900, and by the time the last one's changed, the article text presumably will be showing in a much more readable very-dark grey. Close the style editor (click it's "X" or hit Shift-F7 again) and commence with actually enjoying reading the article.

Unfortunately saving the changes via the "Save" shown doesn't appear to hold the changes for anything other than that page/article, so I find myself going through this exercise with every article - beats the eye-straining alternative, though. There might well be a way to make every article come up that way automatically, but so far I haven't discovered it.

readable roundel weekly article 01.JPG