Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Coil Packs on Ebay, too good to be true?

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by Gumby74, May 21, 2008.

Gumby74 guest

az3579

Do the part numbers match?

The way I see it is that he's a powerseller, so he's got to be doing something right. I would look into his item history and see if he's sold these before and if so, see what the buyers think of his product via their feedback. Sure, it may not help with advising of long-term problems with the product, but at least you'll know if the product initially works in their vehicles. If you need help with this, let me know and I'll see what I can dig up for you [I'm at work right now].

I have bought things from eBay quite often and the parts have always been exactly what I needed. In fact, I've bought my spark plug wires from a seller on eBay and they still work fine after about 8 months now.

I would say go for it. If the dealership charges a ton more money for it, then I'd say you don't have too much to lose. Please do verify the part number with the dealership first so you can check that part number they give you and compare it to the auction.

Gumby74 guest

I guess my main concern was the price. A single coil pack from Baron BMW here in Kansas City runs $140 before cca discount. That and the fact that it is neither a Bremi or Bosch coil. Will definitely check to make sure the part number matches.

shanneba

Gumby74 guest

Well I got these insatlled last night. Would recommend these to anyone who may be looking. Quick to ship and a quality product..

01silber guest

They are knock offs from over seas, They are copies of the oem bremi coils. Many reports of them failing after a few months.

Gumby74 guest

Can you post links for the fail reports? Would like to look into it more.

bradley01 guest

[IMG]

$405 on sale!
    Slightly more expensive than the ones you just bought, but I have a feeling you might need to buy some more in the future. ;)