Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Golf Outing and Tournament Update

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2014' started by mikeura, May 6, 2014.

mikeura

We have received several questions regarding the golf outing and tournament on Tuesday. I think I can answer the bulk of the questions with this post:

The golf outing and tournament is really two events in one. Essentially there will be a Fun Flight and a Tournament Flight.

For those of you that want to play for fun, there will be a Fun Flight. In this fun flight, you will have the opportunity to take mulligans, throw your golf ball and other things that are frowned upon by serious golfers. Also, our scoring format, called the Calloway format, levels the playing field for all participants. Plus, no one records a score greater than double par on any hole. The Fun Flight is eligible to win the i8, the X5 and the M School. But no mulligans or throwing the ball on those holes! Gotta play by the rules on those 3 holes. The Fun Flight is only open to BMW CCA members that register via the Oktoberfest website. Also, if all you want to do is come out and play golf and maybe have dinner, the OFest Registration page can accommodate that. We will award trophies for Lowest Gross and Lowest Net (mens and womens) and best team.

Now, if you are interested in a serious challenge, there will be a Tournament Flight. This flight is a qualifying event of the BMW International Golf Cup. The 2 winners of this Flight will be invited by BMW to play in the US Finals at Pinehurst in October. USGA rules must be followed and you must have an established handicap (being a Bimmerhead is not a legitimate handicap). BMW will award a trophy to the winners. The Tournament Flight is open to everyone. You don't have to be a BMW CCA member or OFest attendee to participate. These players are also eligible to win the i8, X5 and M School.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to a great event!

pseto

Anyone else enter the tournament flight?

mikeura

Paul,

We only have a half a dozen signed up for the Tournament Flight so far. Go for it! How awesome would it be to play in the BMW Tournament at Pinehurst! Even if you came in last, it would be the experience of a lifetime.
    gvcmel likes this.