Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Let's see some pics and specs!

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by GregS_WI, Mar 4, 2008.

GregS_WI guest

Our e39 is a 2002 530 5 speed, sport (and premium and cold weather.) My only mods are a CDV-delete, 2point5 iPod dock, and an Infinity BassLink subwoofer. I'm sitting at about 57,000 miles and am plotting in planning some suspension work (shhh, wife doesn't know that yet.)

(Click the thumbnail to see larger.)

Attached Files:

Buckeye653

Well... I seem to only take pictures when I work on the car so I know how to put it back together! :D

2000 528I, 94,500 miles. Sport, Premium, and Cold Weather Packages. Automatic w/ Steptronic. Ever since I discovered Sport mode in the trans my fuel mileage has suffered. Picture is from r&r of the pusher fan. It was actually very easy to do. Amazing what the car looks like with the front bumper removed. Good incentive to take some glamour shots next time!

Attached Files:

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Mine is...

a '98 540, six speed, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Summer Pkg, in BMW Individual Estoril Blue with Grey Leather with custom color matched rub strips and M-Sport Ground Effects, and M5 Trunk Lip.

Mods: Dinan Stage II with Cold Air Intake, UUC Short Shifter, Clutch Delay Valve Delete, Billy Boat Muffler and Mandril Bent Exhaust (hidden for that OEM look).

OEM Lighting and Audio.

[IMG]

ilikeblue5s guest

The Beast and his little Brother...'02 M5 and '03 540 Sport.
    The M5 never sees snow and has only seen rain 4 times. Got caught while moving between states.
    The 540 got new shoes with AC Schnitzer rims for winter.

Attached Files:

H8Rain guest

Hey EBlue540.... is that picture from a meet & greet down in Philly by an old boad yard. I think I might have been at the meet. About 3 years ago (maybe 4). I drove down from CT.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

You are Correct!

You may also remember that we witnessed a guy wiping out his car (civilian, not Bimmer) on the median of Delaware Avenue!

I think I recall meeting you there as well. You might have had a young one with you? (way-back machine fuzzy..)

I was warm that day, but there were some nice cars in attendance!

Chris

Autohaus guest

2001 525i: 5-speed manual, Style 5 wheels, suspension seems to be lowered for a non-sport E39 and euro plate gives the 5er 10 hp increase ;). No performance mods.........
    1987 528e: Auto, 535is front spoiler, Bavauto lowering springs and Bilstein sport shocks, 15 inch basketweaves from my old 92 535i.
    2003 325xi: Steptronic, stock DVD nav full screen, euro plate gives the xi 10 hp increase :p. No perfomance mods....

Poor mans bimmers:)

H8Rain guest

Yeap that was me and my son, and yes is was a very hot day! You have a great memory. Small world. That was my first time at that meet and I never heard of them getting together again. Do they still get together?

MFarisE39 guest

I read the threads on tips for taking photos, and got up at 5AM, went and washed her, dried and combed her hair. Then took her to an open area and waited for the sunrise.

Tell me what you think

BigGar guest

BigGar guest

That Estoril blue is a gorgeous color.

Gar

Buckeye653

Finally got a better photo of my 2000 528iA Sport. Since the last shot I've rebuilt the Vanos and replaced the entire cooling system.

svartorn

Howdy folks, I'm new here. Suggested to join the BMW CCA by my dad. I've been a lifetime BMW fan, but I owned a Honda throughout highschool and the beginning of college. Found this gem back in January, one of my favorites from high school (along with the E39 M5). I have a 2001 540 6 speed in Cosmos Black Metallic with black leather. Several Dinan goodies under the hood and fatty exhaust sticking out the back. Don't know how much power it is putting down, doesn't really matter to me what the number is though. It hauls. From gas station to gas station!

Thumbnail uploader thing keeps giving me an error message, so I guess I'll link the images themselves.

(pics deleted)

More pics below at the Cardomain page.

Autohaus guest

Nice E39! I gotta do that, stop in the middle of the road and take pics. Hmmm, you just gave me ideas....

svartorn

Empty fun roads are plentiful out here in western NC. :D

svartorn

2 Additional photos... my E39 and my dad's new R1200 R.

Arts540 guest

Greetings. I am new here, but have been a BMWCCA member for 6 years. I am happy to show you my Toledo Blue 02 540iA Sport. Mods: Dinan CCA, Dinan Stage II Performance Chip, and Dinan Tranny Chip

BMWtoyz guest

1998 M roadster Dinan

I have been a member since 1995 and owned numerous BMW's. Here is a shot of my 98 M roadster:

m33m guest

Winter cleaning

here's my 03 540 6 speed. My 18" m parallels are in the garage and my snows are on the car. I had my plumber brother install hot water in my garage so I can keep her clean even at twenty degrees

[IMG]

ViolinARC guest

2000 540iA Sport lookin' like 2001-2003...

Great idea IMO but I was flamed on BF.c cause some of the members thought it was absurd to see stock bimmers...oh well.

Here is my old stolen and totalled '89 750iL just for some variety...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Upgraded cooling system, 18" Stern rims, braking system, suspension components i.e. struts, shock bombs, urathane bushings, etc. BMW quoted me $11k+ and I did it with the help of my friend in five hours on a Sunday afternoon (he had access to a lift where he worked) for a grand total of...drumroll...$1800 (I s**t you not)!!!!!

**Due to photo limitations, continued on next thread...my apologies.