Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Watkins Glen Opening Day w/an X5?

Discussion in 'E70 X5 (2007-2013)' started by daleclough, Apr 11, 2014.

daleclough

Am I cool, crazy or just nuts for considering tagging along with the local BMW CCA group this Sunday at Watkins Glen's opening day?

3 laps behind a pace car for $25 (to charity)...

Last time I did this I was driving a MINI Cooper S with a couple of mods. X5 is all stock, 6-cyl, nothing special.

I expect speeds near 80 on the front and rear straights but more cautious elsewhere from the pace car.

Oh, anyone near Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse want to play along? Here's the link:

http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/events/eventview.aspx?EventID=267

MGarrison

Sounds fine to me - you may want to doublecheck if there are any constraints on vehicles for the charity laps, although my guess would be they typically keep things dialed down for safety & control.

charlson89

It's a BMW it will do just fine.
    • Staff

steven s

Usually there will be more than 1 pace car to prevent people from falling back and flooring it.

daleclough

Thanks everyone!

I gave the X a wash & wipe, new air freshener and the GoPro's are charged up.

I'm not concerned after a little spirited driving in today's beautiful spring weather.

I'll post videos after the event.

Cheers!
    Ken.S.330 likes this.