Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

What did you do to/for your BMW today?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by E46BAV90, May 18, 2011.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

When the late Yale Rachlin moved to Florida from Boston, he left his snow shovel behind—gladly. I left a grain shovel in Anchorage.

These days, every once in a while I sweep the sidewalk with a little plastic broom out of survivor's guilt.
    MGarrison likes this.

ramitchell

Sent out the ABS module for a rebuild. Local dealer wanted $1800!!!!! :eek:

ramitchell

Rebuilt ABS module arrived today and installed it. No more lit up dashboard and saved lots of money!!!!
    • Staff

steven s

Replaced regulator valve on the intake that still didn't fix my high idle issue.
    Next, replace the ICV. :(

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

I think it's more a case of what did I do to someone else's BMW. :D

IMG_4134.jpg
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

...and I did her again the following day.... now if only I could get those slow M6s to move out of the way when I was driving the M3. :)

mysticbmw guest

My e46 has been very spoiled lately, it had a complete cooling system refresh done in January of this year. I just got it back from the dealer on 3.10....i had the strut mounts replaced both motor mounts the interior hazard/door lock replaced as well as the moon roof cassette a fresh oil service w/AC filter and brake fluid flush. I also just ordered a set of ANZO projector headlights and a hamman bumper lip.:cool: You don't want to know the total cost....lol

MGarrison

The first half of the E34 heater core swap quickly grew into removing all the old nuisance car-phone & trunk-mounted cd-changer wiring, and then trying to pin down rear deck tray rattling, which meant removing the rear seats, C-panel trim, rear deck tray, speaker grills & their disintegrated foam grill backing, a number of those factory plastic wire-harness clip holders, and also discovering there's a battery ground-cable access panel that was ideal for routing a bolt-on-to-the-battery Battery Tender lead plug meaning no more removing the rear seat to keep the battery charged. Once the back of the car was all sorted & re-assembled, including the passenger side trunk panels, jack, & jack accessories that had to be removed to extract said superfluous wiring, I was able to move on to accessing the heater core. That entailed the usual Bentley manual routine of nearly every step for heater core removal referring to another section that entailed multiple steps, with any number of those referring to other sections with multiple steps and further reference to other procedures elsewhere in the manual. Love the Bentley manual, but, sheesh, sometimes using it is like stepping into an M.C. Escher drawing of impossibly connected but infinitely looping staircases.

A more apt name for the rear deck cover on an E34 would be "the rattle tray" - it may take dynamat-ting all the free space under that tray to quiet it down. If you ever have to pull the little aluminum clips off the heater-core cover panel in one of these cars, don't just pop them off - they're under tension & will gleefully spring away alarmingly fast! Extract with small, long needle-nosed pliers, or at least keep a finger on them to restrain their launching off into the hinterlands ne'er to be seen again.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Does filling the fuel tank count?

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Oh, and I have ordered a wee dram of body filler and glazing putty. It's time to refresh the cosmetics!

bflonez1

Anyone have the the inside review mirror pop off the ball?? The mirror was hanging by the wires when I took it to our local dealer. I was told it can't be fixed and a new one is $536.00 plus instillation. My BS O'Meter was pegged so I went home looked up how it is fixed to the windshield, turned the arm a quarter turn unplugged it laid it flat on a towel and pressed the ball into the socket.Next stop, the dealer to have a chat with the service manager.
    • Staff

steven s

Did you bump into it to cause it to pop off?
    No wonder dealers get such a bad rap.

Me.
    Changed my ICV on my 95 ti. Idle back to normal. :)

mysticbmw guest

I installed my projector headlights and painted the bottom trim on the front bumper.

Attached Files:

Ken.S.330 likes this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I looked at the front spoiler. Yep, it's going to need paint! I also inventoried all my Griot's supplies. I could open a branch office.

daleclough

Swapped out the OEM fog light bulbs for something brighter, GP-Thunder 7500K super white Xenon.

Ken.S.330

Oil and filter change, flush brake fluid.

WendyS

Had the dent removed that I received in the Walmart parking lot... damn Walmart.:mad:

mysticbmw guest

Thanks!

daleclough

I tossed my X5 around Watkins Glen chasing a bunch of Porsche's... image.jpg image.jpg
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What? They let Satan's roadsters on a race track? And nobody was killed?!