Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Adjustable Clutch Stop

Discussion in 'E85/E86 Z4 M roadster/coupe (2006-2008)' started by GDobler, Mar 18, 2014.

GDobler

I'd like to install an adjustable clutch stop to reduce the pedal travel. Most of my searches on line have yielded results for E46 models. I know you have to be careful to allow sufficient travel to start the car. I'm not looking to bypass the ignition switch.

Has anyone had any success in purchasing one?

mullardel34

Bavarian Autosport (http://bavauto.com/) offers an adjustable clutch stop; their part-number is B2300001

GDobler

Thanks. I ordered and then had to return it to BAV AUTO. The one they sell has a really long threaded post and thick rubber stop on the head. Its way too big for this application. Rougue Engineering sells one that looks the right size, but they don't list the E86 as an application. I emailed them, but have not heard back yet.

charlson89

The UUC one didn't work for you? Yes you will in most cases have to modify the clutch switch so the car can start instead of by passing it.