Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Lcm issue

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by rsvedell, Mar 9, 2014.

rsvedell

Was in the process of installing hid on the right side if my e38 when I accidentally crossed the wires going to the high beam hid. Getting chk errors on hi and lo beam with nothing on the right side coming on. Put a halogen back in and still no rh lights. . Is the lcm fried or can it be repaired. Thanks for any help.

MGarrison

Did you blow any fuses?

charlson89

Ditto on that question check your fuses.

rsvedell

According to my year model there are no fuses associated with the lcm but if I am wrong please let me know what fuse number is associated with the lcm. I checked fuse #23 but that made not difference. I also checked the fuses in the trunk and in the engine compartment. What fuse should I be looking for that is associated with the right side headlights. Thanks.

MGarrison

If this ( www.meeknet.co.uk/e38/e38_fuse_list.pdf ) is accurate for your car, it says Light Module is fuses 23 & 44.

Programa can likely replace or repair yours - if yours is toast, they might not be able to refund the core charge, but hopefully that's not the case. I lucked out a couple of years ago & managed to snag one rebuilt by Programa someone was selling on eBay for my E34.

http://www.programainc.com/

rsvedell

Problem solved. Bad ground terminal at the light assembly.
    MGarrison and Ken.S.330 like this.