Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Am I alone here?

Discussion in 'Tidewater Chapter' started by Terse, Jul 11, 2011.

Terse

No other Tidewater people on here?

MGarrison

On these new forums? I think

On these new forums? I think we have posts from what.. maybe 30 different members? Yup, you're probably the only one here. Just hope it don't stay that way!

vagunstore

I would like to think there are more people on here but I'm new ive owned my 3 series for a little over a year and love it
    • Staff

steven s

Quality over quantity. :)
    There hasn't been a big push to drive people to the forums.

vagunstore

So where is a good forum for discussion on BMW
    • Staff

steven s

I think we have a good forum here. :)
    But what makes a good forum is often a personal opinion.
    Every forum has it's own flavor and personality.
    Sometimes you need to cut through so much junk to find a reliable answer to a question.

I find myself going to 2 different Mini centric forum websites but they are so laden with ads and slow that I find what I need and leave,

Some BMW forums I frequent because they are comical.
    What car?

MGarrison

Couple of points - this thread is ancient relatively speaking, and dates back to the switchover to this forum from the previous forum; the downtime & the growing pains with these forums, plus how different they were from the other forum that everyone was familiar with, resulted in losing many of our prior forum regulars. The forums are more active than they were back then, but, compared to some of the other long-time forums, still relatively sedate in posts, post frequency, and number of participants. That isn't necessarily a bad thing (thus the quality over quantity).

If you're looking for Tidewater members, the national forums have a very small percentage of club members participating (I'm guessing they're busy with stuff like, oh, lives and family and things, or, working their butts off to pay for these cars! ;) ) - anyway, point being, it would be just lucky if there was a large number of forum participants from any single chapter. The best way to connect locally is local chapter events, &/or possibly any chapter facebook pages, or forums, which you stand a chance of finding by starting with your local chapter website.

vagunstore

E36 323i that I love but has been a pain lately but one of my customers is my local chapter treasurer and told me the club has a lot of knowlegeable people and so far he was right. So I've just been going through reading threads of similar problems and trying to figure out how bad this car can Break My Wallet
    • Staff

steven s

I've been nursing a newly acquired E36 back to health.
    Lots of good DIYs available from various sources.
    The nice thing about this forum is that members can share links to other forums.
    Few forums allow that.
    What problems are you having?

MGarrison

Good idea to post issue questions in the E36 (or other appropriate) section so that if anyone has any solutions, others can more easily find them down the road. Folks would only find issues & solutions in this thread by happenstance. ;)