Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The $225 oil change

Discussion in 'DIY (Do-It-Yourself)' started by Autohaus, May 22, 2008.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

My comment above about not knowing how to reset the OBC got me searching and I should have known that Google was your friend. Here's a video for the E90 on how to do it for those that like DIY. :)

mrsbee guest

"dude". Awesome, we need more of that word in the world.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

$95.00 here in Texas, no doubt it can be done for less, but the "Bee" gets to see the dealer twice a year until the warranty expires.

ChristopherG

Only $90 at the local dealer here. Well worth it to not lay on the ground in a cold garage in the winter.

michaelbird

Bah, you guys are all amateurs. You want to pay hundreds of dollars for a dealer oil change, then you need to go to Porsche. There is no substitute...

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Actually, oil changes at the Porsche dealer for my 911 are significantly less expensive than my M3. In fact, I'd go as far to say that my 911 is more reliable and a lot less expensive to maintain than my M3.

When I bought my M3 I figured that it wouldn't be any worse in terms of ownership cost than my 911, but boy was a wrong.

chicane

Oil service reset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDWaL_jnMCI