Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Tires on 335i

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Lori S, May 15, 2008.

unagi1 guest

90 days later, I'm still thanking the car when I get the seat belt. When the alternative is possible wrist sprainage, I don't think this will become tiresome anytime soon.

Abe guest

Abe's 2 cents

Ideally, I would think the presenter should retract once the belt is fastened. Design a bit of electronic logic into the system that checks to see the status of the receptacle and activates the presenter (or doesn't) accordingly.

Door closed, belt fastened: No.
    Door closed, belt unfastened: Yes.
    Door closed, dog in the back: Don't move - act natural.

I think the presenter was an effort to make a coupe (with a severely aft B-pillar) that wouldn't require (a) seat-mounted belts, or (b) rear passenger entanglement with belts suspended by a front seat hook. I give it high marks for engineering ingenuity and sheer boldness (You want us to put WHAT in the coupe?!), but I'm always afraid I'm going to snap it off because of its seemingly flimsy execution. I don't have the luxury of putting the belt on without it (T-rex arms), so I thank it every time and try to be gentle.