Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Oklahoma BMW CCA License Plates

Discussion in 'Sunbelt Chapter' started by pwrdbym, Dec 29, 2013.

pwrdbym

Oklahoma BMW CCA License Plates Take Two!

Over a year ago the Sunbelt Chapter attempted to garner enough support for our special BMW plates, however we failed to reach the required 100 pre-orders. The main issue holding us back was we required proof of CCA membership when the bill was passed. Tireless work from Justin Power has gotten us one more chance at receiving these plates. Another bill is through the Oklahoma Legislature and the Governor has signed it.

The second bill removes the CCA member requirement. This opens the door for plate collectors and other BMW owners to purchase the plates.

We regret the frustration you may have faced with filling out the paperwork last time only to have it returned. We hope the inconvenience won’t prevent you from trying again. We heard a lot of members say that they were waiting to see “how close we got” before sending in the paperwork. Folks, this tactic didn’t work well last time, so if you want a plate, please fill out the application as soon as it is available. This will promote an accurate count along the way and allow us to focus our advertising efforts where needed. Remember you can purchase one for your car even if you don’t plan to put it on, and you don’t have to renew the plate the following year. We simply need 100 plates to start; afterwards the number is no longer a factor.

The club will spread the word via newsletter, email, and forums, but it is up to all members to promote these plates to fellow Oklahoma BMW owners. Feel free to print some applications for friends, co-workers, and neighbors.

HOW DO YOU GET A PLATE?

Starting November 1st, anyone is eligible to purchase either a numbered or personalized BMW CCA license plate for $18.00. 100 of these license plates have to be pre-sold prior to October 30, 2014 in order for them to begin production. If we don’t receive the requisite orders in that time the opportunity will expire, and there will likely never be another opportunity.
    Please use the application linked here:

http://www.tax.ok.gov/mvforms/708-E.pdf
    • Staff

steven s

Good luck.
    I know Virginia has tried a few times for organizational plates.

There are some residents in Maryland who join the National Capital Chapter solely to obtain MD BMW CCA organizational tags.

pwrdbym

Examples uploaded:

Attached Files:

MGarrison

If I was in Oklahoma, I'd buy a plate... but, I'm in Ohio!

pwrdbym

The deadline to sell 100 plates is now April 30th 2014, and not October.

MHampton

I purchased my plate on Friday. The tag agency told me it would be sent to me in 6 weeks. Is this information correct or do they have mis-information? Thanks!

pwrdbym

The individual tag agencies may not be aware that this is a new plate design and therefore falls under the 100 sold before production stipulation. Thank you for purchasing a plate however, we are working hard towards ensuring the required numbers are met. Please tell anyone you see with a BMW about the promotion.
    -Justin