Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New NY owner and fairly new member too

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by LikesBMW, Dec 6, 2013.

LikesBMW

Well..... I took the BMW plunge, and bought my first BMW. I am happy I did it.

I was looking for, and found an almost new 2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe, Silver with black, manual trans, with only 7,700 miles on it. My "new" Z is optioned well, not over the top, but perfect for me. The search was not as easy as some friends thought it would be since my criteria was that it must be a 3.0 si Coupe, and had to have a manual trans, be in one of three colors, and not have over 40K miles on it.

This all came about after my previous car was totaled (got rear ended in my '67 MGB GT). I wanted a great/enjoyable/reliable car to use on a very regular basis, sometimes daily - not a garage star or trailer queen. So many cars, so little time, and so many suggestions from many people. It took awhile for me to narrow down the replacement choices, then firmly decide what I wanted, then reading/researching a good deal about my car of choice, and after searching for a little while, I got very lucky.

I live on Long Island, and am looking forward to attending some club events, when my schedule permits.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums, congrats on the sweet find! Enjoy your Z!

LikesBMW

Thanks much! I plan on enjoying this one.

Dragkar

Welcome friend!

charlson89

Welcome to the club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Z cars rock!