Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Liberty Mutual Insurance

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by krazykatkb, Dec 13, 2012.

krazykatkb

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Liberty Mutual Insurance?
    State Farm just raised my rates $30 per 6 months due to "the claim experience on your make and model of vehicle." I am thinking it is time to shop around. So far for both of my cars, they look like they may be better.
    Any and all info/advice is welcome.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Kristen

drummerfc

Hi...there's another thread going around on this very topic with lots of responses. If I can find where it is I'll let you know (or post the link).

I got a letter from them last weekend...but at the end of the day, I decided to stay with Geico.

$30 for 6 months? That's actually not bad. You're obviously not a NJ resident!

drummerfc

krazykatkb

Hey Frank,
    Thanks for pointing me to the thread!
    Yep, i guess I am spoiled. This is the largest single increase I have ever had on any insurance policy. I guess that is why it has taken me aback.
    I fear I may find this across the board for the MINI.
    Take it easy,
    Kristen

1LRM3

Open to solid recommendations! :)

Currently have Liberty Mutual and on a sparkling clean record, my rates went up "due to liabilities" in this part of the country. Never heard something more ridiculous. I called 3x and spoke to 3 different reps. Sad... had Liberty for 25 years and they refuse to work with me.
    • Staff

steven s

I've had Nationwide for a long time.
    Until they have an exclusion for "vehicles driving on a surface used for racing", I'll be with them for a longer time.

I guess it's really going to depend on your area.

1LRM3

Thank you Steven! Actually, someone just told me about Nationwide today ironically. Maybe it is the way to go. I will give it a check out for sure. Thank you! Cheers!