Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

DINAN Tuning

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by robfreedman3850, Oct 19, 2013.

robfreedman3850

Recently took delivery of an F30 M sport 335 xDrive at the performance center in SC. Great experience, by the way, as was the scenic drive back to Colorado. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the DINAN tune for the F30 series. DINAN engineering says maybe by the end of the year.

gotmilk?

I got an e-mail from Scott Leandres at Dinan on Feb 25 of this year answering my inquiry about upgrades for the F30. At the time he said they had F30 models they were doing R&D on and hopefully some products may be available within a years time or so. So, hopefully that means soon. He has my e-mail and said he would contact me when more is known. I would be happy to pass this info along when I hear something. I am looking for suspension and exhaust for my 328i.
    As a matter of etiquette, I am assuming since Dinan gets a fair amount of discussion in the forums, it would be okay to post this without being accused of spamming, or being a shill for Dinan.
    • Staff

steven s

Oh trust me, Dinan is mentioned quite often. :)

stevehecht

This topic is discussed regularly on other bimmer forums. The latest news is that they should be coming out with a stage 1 suspension upgrade (springs/bump stops) in January, 2014. They're having some problems with the software to deal with the ECU programming for the dampers so they're attempting to obtain the encryption information from BMW. This procurement+testing+Q/A will all take a while so don't expect a stage 2 until later in 2014. The stage 1 engine tune will be released sometime after the stage 1 suspension in January.

nowotny777

I've heard that if you install Dinan software (or any other software) that BMW won't honor their warranty.

Dragkar

Good question! I was assured by the Dealer that Dinan is one of those few reputable companies that will not affect original BMW warranty.

stevehecht

BMW doesn't offer a warranty on Dinan products, Dinan does. BMW doesn't offer a warranty on any repairs directly related to a Dinan install, Dinan does. Dinan warranties should be honored at any BMW dealership that still has a relationship to Dinan (not that many any more). At my local BMW/Dinan dealership (BMW Gallery in Norwood/Norwell, MA) I was told by the service manager that the BMW service department makes the evaluation as to which warranty comes into play (Dinan or BMW) in any situation where there is a question, and then informs Dinan that their warranty needs to cover if that's what they have determined.

Installing Dinan parts does not void the BMW warranty for repairs not associated with the Dinan parts installed.
    • Staff

steven s

And that is the key part.

BMW is also in the business of selling high performance parts.

trey.parrish

Hello gang, looking for some advice. I have a 2011 550i. Has the M-sport package and RWD, not X-drive. Performance add-ons so far are Dinan Stage 3 Flash, Dinan Cat-back exhaust, and Dinan suspension. Question to the group is......what next? Any recommended performance adders?

MGarrison

My general thought on modding cars is it's better to have an end-goal in mind with a plan and budget, lest you find yourself into the perf. mods equivalent of mission creep and endless temptation, since there are so many options. It's not too hard to throw money at a car and end up with something that performs great on a racetrack which you never drive on, can never safely explore its performance envelope on the street, and end up with a sports sedan that's so sporty it's hopelessly impractical and uncomfortable for street use. With a bazillion options, don't forget to consider downsides with the upsides. If you're gonna keep it for the long haul, don't forget the long-term maintenance issues and the eventual needed cash stache for that - at higher mileages, those V8's commonly need a comprehensive $2k-$2.5k valve-guides replacement job, for instance.