Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2014 4-Series Coupe - any good?

Discussion in 'F32 (2013-present)' started by jimsendrak, Oct 10, 2013.

jimsendrak

Hi

I'm about to replace my 2011 335iX coupe (which I love). Can't get a 3 Coupe anymore. Forced to a 4. Anybody currently own a 4 coupe who cares to chime in? For that matter, anyone who has researched to 4 have any opinions good or bad. Especially as it relates to the former 3.

Thank

Jim

charlson89

I have driven the new 4 series and I like them. There are really close to the old e92 besides the new electric power steering that takes away some of the road feel. I suggest you take a test drive for yourself very fun to drive.

jimsendrak

I did drive it; not bad. But I was horrified with the interior dash changes. All so chopped up! No soft continous lines like the 335ix coupe that I currently have. Cup holders big and bulky. Gear shift and idrive control no longer in line. I dunno, new design team should be fired.

charlson89

I hated it a first to when the f30 came out but the more I'm around them the more I like it. But yes you are right very different from the e9x vehicles.

wesBMW

I'm in a similar situaton and about to trade in my 2008 335xi for a 2014 428i X. Drove the 4-series and really like the smoothness of the 8-spd tranny. In fact I like pretty much everything about the car about the price. Dealers are holding close to MSRP since it's a new model and expected to sell well. Have you received any other comments? I'm close to making a decision.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Christoph

The 4 series, in my opinion, is the best new BMW in years. I bought a fully loaded Msport 428i, not x-drive please and I am totally happy. The car is a perfect blend of performance, technology and efficiency, like BMW used to be before they got caught up in the HP war. It's light feeling car and the steering and drive-train is so direct it really makes it a fun car to drive. As people have stated, the ZF 8 speed is fantastic, the best AT I've ever driven.