Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Proper placement of BMWCCA grille badge...where oh where?

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by Eric and Jess, Oct 9, 2013.

Eric and Jess

We were down in Eureka Springs AR recently and saw several Bimmers with the blue and white club badge on their grilles. Thought they looked very nice and it changed our minds about our X5 and Z4 sporting them. We ordered two and were very pleased with their quality...probably could deflect bullets with those things! Our question...(we nearly hate to ask), what is the proper placement of said badge? All cars down there had them on the passenger's side kidney grille, either in the middle or slightly to the outside. Perusing through Roundel it appears most are like this, however some had them on the driver's side grille. We imagine it's personal prefrence, but just wondered. We are very happy with the club and love the magazine so we thought we'd show our support.
    Many thanks, cheers, E&J.

Terry Sayther

In order to maintain the perfect weight distribution built into the car during the original factory corner weighting and Nurburgring testing, It is important for American performance drivers to place their factory approved CCA grille badges to one side or the other of the right grille depending on the American drivers weight in comparison to the average weight of German drivers.
    curtis99m3 likes this.

Eric and Jess

Ha! I should of known that! Those tech heavy Teutonics...never miss the finer points! Many thanks, just wanted to be sure to be following protocol.
    E&J.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, what Sayther said! Since I drive solo so often, my weight is countered by the grille badge on the passenger side; the leverage of the long Z4 hood balances it perfectly!

By the way, when I pulled the grille out to put in the red-white-and-blue badge, it came out without gouging the paint, the way it came out when I removed it to install the original badge....

instantfob

That explains why my car pull to the driver side ;)

[IMG]
    • Staff

steven s

Need a set of adjustable coilovers and then corner balance.