Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Issues with a 2013 328i x-Drive

Discussion in 'F30 (2012-present)' started by JWH328i, Sep 5, 2013.

JWH328i

Hello Everyone. I am a new BMW owner and I purchased a new 2013 luxury edition BMW 328i xDrive in March. For the first few months the car was great, then things started going down hill. I alway use premium fuel from Shell. To date, the car stalled while driving in traffic and started blowing black smoke out the tail pipe at startup. It made a real mess in the garage. I took it bak to the dealership and BMW replaced one injector. There was no code or warning light indicating a bad injector or any issue even though the car stall while driving.

Now, I am having an oil issue. We cannot get an accurate reading on the oil level. So, we do not know if there is to much or to little oil in the engine. The low oil warning keeps coming on. They added two quarts and the "oil level bar graph" did not move. It appears to be stuck in the middle. I want a simple dip stick.

Every time I take it into the dealer they read the codes stored in the key and print-out at least a page of codes. Yet, there is never a "yellow" warning light or alert.

Is this normal for a new BMW with less than 6,000 miles or did I get a lemon?

Please help!
    John

Terry Sayther

Not normal---press them to get it fixed! Kick their butts! Terry

mrsbee guest

I agree, no car, BMW or otherwise, should behave so radically with so few miles on it.

You recieved this car with exactly how many miles on it? Is it possible it had a former life before you got it?

JWH328i

Thanks you for the reply. The car had 10 miles on it when I picked it up. I am still waiting to hear from the dealership. The car has been at the dealership since Saturday.

charlson89

The injector is a issue BMW is seeing on the N20 engine. The oil level issue is most likely related to the oil level sensor causing a problem. Keep in touch on what they do for a repair.

JWH328i

UPDATE: The dealership, in consultation with BMW, decided to replace the oil level sensor as the first course of action. However, the part will not be available until September 23. So, my car will be at the dealership for over two weeks. They gave me a loaner and I feel bad about putting so many miles on it. I hope the new oil level sensor fixes the problem. If not, there is something really wrong with the car and I do not consider it reliable. At which point, I will put the keys and the title on the manager's desk and request a replacement car. The dealership has been great, so I am hoping the part fixes the problem.

Stay Tuned

charlson89

Please let us know if it works out. I had a vehicle stay that kept saying is was overfilled.

JWH328i

I have my car back and everything is fine. The oil level readings are correct and I have not received any oil related warning messages.

Thanks!
    John

charlson89

Glad to hear they fixed it!