Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

stereo info

Discussion in 'E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)' started by 2l82dance, Dec 8, 2011.

2l82dance

New to club and new to site. Just purchased 98 z-3 and am looking to replace speaker system with upgraded one. Would like to find the good system that would be least intrusive to install. Local dealer will sell OEM, however technology now should keep hair blowing straight back. Also anyone who has done this, and could give info on how to install, remove grills, door panels etc. would be helpful.

MGarrison

Satch SoSoCalifortified

The Bavarian SoundWerks site includes links to videos so you can see what it takes to put, say, a DICE unit in a Z4.

MGarrison

Isn't that as simple as hanging them over the rear-view mirror?? :D

[IMG]
    lcjhnsn likes this.

ChestertheK

I want to add rear speakers to my 1997 Z3. where are the speaker wires located?

charlson89

Can you describe more on what you want to do?

ChestertheK

Yes, I have tower speakers that I will install on my rollbar. My expensive POS Bentley manual is no help. they show wires to the rear but I can't find them. I did locate a power amp but no wires

charlson89

Does your car have harman kardon?

ChestertheK

As Far as I know it is just the standard radio, am-fm cassette I do have what appears to an amp in the right rear trunk. The radio also has a fader so it would seem that it would be prewired for the rear speaker upgrade

ChestertheK

I am still trying to find the answer

charlson89

Chester I have no forgot about your issue the wiring diagrams I have don't seem to be right for a non harmon kardon optioned vehicle. So I have a request in for the proper ones and I am awaiting the reply. But here is a good write up on a forum I found about a person doing a custom install on his Z3 the colors on the amp wiring will most likely be the same for you as well. Sorry about the wait on this.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551991