Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Monterey Car Week 2013 - OFest, Legends, etc.

Discussion in 'Concours & Show/Shine' started by mryflyguy, Aug 29, 2013.

mryflyguy

Okay, where are all the pictures? I'll start. Our 25 year old 325is won 1st in the Legends Concours, clean class! Here's a link to a lot of pics from the week including the Historic Races, Legends, Octoberfest, PB Concours, Carmel Concours, the Quail & more. Even threw in some shots from Pt. Lobos - after the metal, carbon fiber & aluminium is gone, we're left with the reason people live on the Monterey Peninsula. Enjoy!

Scott

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

MGarrison

Very nice! Congrats!

CSBM5

Thanks for the pictures link...just about to look through them as I've been wondering the same thing about picture links for last week.

What are the details on the E30? Original owner? Mileage? How much prep time went into it? Driven to the event? etc...

CSBM5

Wow, great pictures! Thanks. I don't think anyone here would object to 20-30 detailed pictures of the E30 and that red E28 M5 next to it! (not to mention the black E23 in the background either). :)

Wagener

mryflyguy

Hey Chuck, thanks for the Kudos. Yes, traded our first 1983 320is in on this 1989 325is in 1990. We drove ~900 miles from AZ. I thought about doing Super Clean category but figured Clean was all I could do. I may have spent a few hours on it and an hour or so prior to the show but that's it. It's an occasional driver for us now so it's easy to keep clean. I sold it in 8/2007 and it sat in a warehouse until I bought it back in December 2011. See "the rest of the story: in the Bimmer Mag article below.

http://www.bimmer-mag.com/issues/113/articles/the-is-mystique#.UjoNkGR4aAA
    http://www.thesaylors.net/SlideShows/1989-BMW-325is/

Brian A

Marshall,
    It was nice to meet you at O'fest. Hope all is well.
    Brian.