Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Raffle Status?

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by jmnbmw, Aug 20, 2013.

instantfob

I think I have drank my raffle tickets' worth during Legends and Festroics. Thank you SPATEN :)

bhakola

Have all the winners been notified yet?
    • Staff

steven s

All of the winners have been notified.

griffon252

Yeah I knew that, and funny enough I received the paper tickets in the mail today! Along with my Baltimore Grand Prix tickets!

I didn't get a call Steven, there must be a mistake;)
    • Staff

steven s

I understand the office left a message for a couple. There's still hope. I return to work on Tuesday.

apharma

So what exactly were the winning numbers?
    • Staff

steven s

The winning names will be posted in a day or two once everyone has been notified.

MGarrison

I'm quite sure there is no deceit as far as relaying of any info as O'Fest progresses through the week - almost the entire office staff is at the event and very busy all day, every day. But, it does bring up something to consider, the feasibility of getting some more in-depth info about O'Fest up on the site as the week unfolds.

griffon252

Im pretty sure in years past they have had video of the drawings right, and more up-to-date info? Why was it different this year, and will it be like this in the coming years?
    • Staff

steven s

Emphasis is more on social media these days.
    We haven't had a video direct from Ofest. There may have been a video when 1 person was drawn out of the several winners.

oksymoroni

So when is the Windy City chapter winner going to be announced? On the main raffle results page it just says TBA.
    • Staff

steven s

Waiting for the final person to call the office.

bcweir

Here's the biggest mystery of all: WHY the raffle results have to be such a huge, national security secret? Just post the names of who won what, please? It's not as if we're asking for the secret recipe for Coke or for Colonel Sander's chicken, is it? It's going THREE DAYS into the week following O-Fest and still NO ONE in the main membership knows who won what?

MGarrison

Which, both being at the event and completely ignoring all social media all week long, I missed completely. But, good, FB & twitter are more ideally suited to regular event updates!

MRV99

How was the person contacted? Did you speak to him/her in person? I am curious.

mbrouder

Why not just post the winning ticket number? I'm pretty sure I won, I just want to double check.

instantfob

bcweir

Amazing. Raffle winners announced a mere FOUR DAYS after the end of O'Fest. Nearly 13 years into the 21st century, and we can't get the news faster than by horse and buggy?:p