Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Irony.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrsbee, Aug 10, 2013.

mrsbee guest

crop.jpg After the mixed reviews the article that ran last Tuesday in the Roundel Weekly, I came out of work on a potentially heartbreaking day to see this.

It just made me laugh.
    kgmoodyz3 likes this.

MGarrison

Irony - what you do to get the wrinkles out of your clothes.

Well, I guess at least the upside is that the NSA/IRS, even though it probably had your article flagged in real-time with each keystroke you made on your computer, took 4 days after your article went live to dispatch Newt Gingrich in a Prius to come and hunt you down. If you see Wilma Flintstone, run. In the meantime, I'd say re-watch Enemy of the State & the Bourne movies, and practice up on some of those Jason Bourne close-combat maneuvers. Avoid silver Prii, and if you see menacing-looking black Prii, don't walk, run! ;)

mrsbee guest

I'm missing the point of the posting?

MGarrison

I understand the comment about the lack of connection to the car. Driving my wife's Prius is pretty much like driving any decent car with an automatic transmission, regardless of brand.

However, the Prius' 45~50mpg is a lot better than the 19~20mpg I get in the Tacoma and I don't have a problem driving the Prius when we're just running errands or covering boring distance.

Honestly, I don't think the Prius threatens my 330i or R1100Rs.

shelbyvnt Baby Bee...

Brought the Bee in for it's first scheduled service last week. 15,000 miles & the "service now" display lights up.
    No problem, I bring the thing in every 5,000 miles, so the reminder is always welcome. Driving to the dealership to pick up the Bee, I get a call from BMW Assistance, asking me about my ACCIDENT!
    Accident, are you kidding me? Did the dealer smash up the Bee? No sir this call is about your 2010 335i.
    I sold that car over a year ago, but thanks for the head-up. Sorry to hear about the accident, but the Bee is safe & sound back in my garage.

MGarrison

Don't you just hate stuff like that? I've had any number of dreams where something disastrous is going down, and I wake up to the relief of realizing that whatever it was didn't even come close to happening - thankfully!