Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

V1 Install in 2014 650 Convertible

Discussion in 'F12/F13 (2011-present)' started by Rich, Jul 18, 2013.

Rich

In my previous BMW's I've hardwired my V-1 into the green/yellow wire that is part of the Rain Sensor bundle that is switched to the ignition. I have searched and can't find the color of the wire to use on my 2014 650. Does anyone know the color of the wire to use?

charlson89

I just did one the other day and can't remember the color I will look it up tomorrow when I'm at work.

Rich

That will be great, thanks!!!

charlson89

Look at the wiring schematic and found out BMW got it wrong I have request for that to be corrected and a new one sent to me hopefully I get it tomorrow. Sorry about the delay just want to make sure you get the right wire otherwise it could cause a battery drain.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, please let me know if that will work in the bundle that goes to the mirror/light in the Z4 M roadster as well...

Rich

Thanks, appreciate the effort to help out a fellow member!

charlson89

Ok got the right stuff today, looks like the red with yellow tracer wire is the one you want. Do not go on the grey with a purple tracer wire this will cause big issues with the vehicle that won't be covered by warranty.

charlson89

Satch

For your Z4M you will need the purple with a white tracer wire going to the RLS (rain light sensor)

Hope this helps

Rich

Thanks, this is great, I'll look for the red with the yellow tracer wire. Can you tell me if this wire goes to the RLS too?

charlson89

Yes it does

Rich

Thanks again, I hope I can return some great advice like you some day!

charlson89

Any time glad I could help out.

Rich

one more question regarding the passenger air bag light; here goes:

I picked up my car last week after doing ED back in May, and I was driving by myself today for the first time and noticed the passenger air bag light is illuminated in the overhead map light area. I'm not sure if this was always the case when no one was in the front passenger seat. Can anyone confirm if this is normal or do I need to bring in to the dealer to have them take a look at it?

charlson89

The light is going to come one when no one is in the passenger seat and the seat is working normally. There is a sensor in the bottom cushion of the seat. It can sense when some one is sitting there and when there is some one there it turns the passenger air bags on. And turns them off when no one is there, the light comes on to tell you the passenger airbag system is turned off. Basically a warning system if someone is in the seat and the light doesn't go off meaning you have an issues with the restraint system.

Rich

Thanks for the excellent detailed explanation!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Thank you! I'm going to print out PURPLE WITH WHITE TRACER and put it in the garage so I remember where I read it! This is NOT going to be like the trunk-light LEDs that disappeared until I bought new ones!