Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bluetooth Madness

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by VertigoFlyer, Jun 27, 2008.

Jonathan Spira guest

If I recall correctly, training the system is via a command that is either "store number" or "save number."

Jonathan Spira guest

The issues aren't between iDrive and a phone but the TCU and a phone.

Nokia mobiles in general, esp. in the N series, are not generally regarded as compatible. Some may work partially but even Nokia executives commented to me that they are a bit bummed out by this since a few of them own BMWs.

lugnut guest

Naturally:rolleyes:. Isn't Nokia the largest mobile phone maker in the world?

Looks like it's the Apple for me. Thanks for the info.

mhknapp

Perhaps some one can help - I bought my 2007 Z4M Roadster last August, and in the course of time synched my Iphone to the Bluetooth on the car - it immediately upload my address book 9didn't really want to do that - but not given a choice) - in the course of time original phone expired (overheated batteries) - when I synched my new phone, it uploaded my address book (again without a choice and in it entirity).

I've read the owners manual - there seems to be no way to edit the contents of the address book, or the navigator in the GPS either. Is there a secret incantation to be able to edit address book?

Thanks

Mike
    San Diego

charlson89

Mike
    What are you looking to do with the address book for bluetooth edit the contents? What would you like to do with editing the navigation?

Thanks
    Charlson