Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Has anyone bought a DVD map update from CarNavMaps.com?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by rehatlga, Jun 10, 2013.

rehatlga

CarNavMaps is selling DVD map updates for BMW, Audi, and Mercedes vehicles at a signficant discount. The website has been up only since 4/1 (very curiours?). The web site seems to be legitimate. However, the company only takes payment using PAYZA.

The company has a Facebook page which has the Navteq image all over it. It implies that they may be affiliated with Navteq. Or, it is a gross infringement on the Navteq trademark.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carnavmaps/623610880997246?fref=ts

charlson89

I have never heard of them until now. I know payza is a reputable company, do let me know if you order them and they are actually good. That price is really good compared to a dealer price of 299.99 for the discs. Very interested in this.

rehatlga

I ended up buying the 2012/2013 Navigation DVD for my wife's Audi from www.carsnavigation.com. The web site sells map updates for BMW, Mercedes, other makes. The cost was the same ($99), but this website did allow the purchase of the DVD using a credit cart via "Plimus/BlueSnap". I was a little more confident with this approach because Plimus has been around a little longer and I thought I would have more recourse using a credit card.
    I received an immediate email receipt from Plimus. A day later I received a very polite email indicating that the DVD had been shipped via international email and to allow up to 21 days to receive it. It actually took only a week even though it was mailed from Bosnia.

The DVD was sent in a manila envelope with hand written destination and return addresses. Although it arrived in an inexpensive plastic case that was not shrink-wrapped. the image on the new DVD looked very similar to the DVD that was being replaced. The DVD jacket cover resembled the image that I have seen on the Audi replacement DVD.

The DVD loaded and updated the NAV unit without any problems. After being updated, the navigation unit recognized an address that I previously was not able to locate using my old NAV DVD. The old DVD was a 2007 version.

I still don't know whether the website is affiliated with Navteq even though it had the Navteq image on the DVD jacket. It does seem to be low-tech, low-cost operation, but it does seem to be legit in that I received a functional DVD. I will probably be watching my credit card statement closely for a while (I do anyway), but I have no complaints so far.

charlson89

Wow cool deal thanks for the update on that. That is real cheap for Nav DVD's.