Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Basic e92 factory build, what would you do? Experienced e92 owners

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by 330indy1, May 29, 2013.

330indy1

I have an opportunity to build an e92 M3 to my taste/an ordered car.
    Need some advice from you e9x wise ones, please.

I am trying to keep the price mid 60k, I am on a budget as I am turning over the Z4M-R.
    I plan to order IB, carbon leather trim, black lthr.
    Comp package
    Manual tranny
    Heated seats
    That's it!!

Will I regret not getting the premium sound?
    Anything else?
    Many thanks!
    I have a day or two to lock it in...

charlson89

The options you pick are really dependent on what you want out of the M3. For example in my M5 I really don't care about the audio system as along as my car performs well but in my daily driver I want a banging system. Also there is the technology package to look at for the connected drive/bmw apps. Me personally when it comes to an M car I like to keep it simple because overall it's a drivers car but thats just me. Some facts are the stock sound system does not compare to the upgraded system for sure. The other option is BMW connected drive/ BMW apps which allows pandora streaming, facebook, twitter, web radio, news, BMW remote app. Just some fancy bells and whistles. If it were me I would keep what you already have for options and buy the M3 BMW performance exhuast we had a new M3 we put that on in my dealer and you could be having the worst day and it would bring a smile to your face. Just some food for thought

330indy1

Good feedback thanks. Any thoughts on the rear sunshade?
    Also going to do comfort access...

MGarrison

Comfort access will have your forgetting that you have to use keys for your other vehicles - you'll get spoiled by it. Don't forget to plug the key fob in from time-to-time to keep it charged. If the rear sunshade design is anything like the one on my mom's '97 740il, it's ultimately a fidgety design destined to become a problem - the arms on the 740's shade still operate, but the screen no longer retracts, it just lays in a pile on the rear deck. Tell your rear seat passengers to throw some extra sunscreen on their necks. If you want protection while parked, jam a sunscreen back there. If you're worried about interior fading over time, you'll have to guess about what exposure it may get over time as you're driving - window tint is always an option I suppose.

CSBM5

The Comfort Access key does not charge when plugged into the receptacle. The iDrive will warn you when the battery is getting weak, and you just replace it.

I don't think you can order an E92 M3 for build any longer. That date passed by a number of weeks ago. You will only be able to hunt for one already spec'd out in dealer allocations that are unsold.

330indy1

That is true. The allocations are drying up.

MGarrison

Good to know, thanks for the correction. Seems like inductive charging would be a no-brainer, perhaps eventually.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

We like the rear-window shade in Party A's 335i. Black leather? Ptui. Why?

330indy1

Why black lthr?
    1. Doesn't show dirt. Grey does
    2. Cloth, doesn't work with kids/ spills
    3. Red? Kinda cheesy
    4. Black with carbon trim, 'nuff said

Satch SoSoCalifortified

RED? KINDA CHEESY?!

Them's fightin' words...

330indy1

Haha I knew that would get you goin.
    Well, red lthr with IB would be a bit weird.
    I don't have a white exterior, where red interior works
    ;)
    Sadly the M Roadie is gone, but with that S65 on the way my pulse is ramping up!

330indy1

At the port now waiting for a transport ship.
    Cruel summer

Satch SoSoCalifortified

... patience, my son...

CSBM5

Here's some S65 fun from a couple of months ago to keep your thoughts going! :)

330indy1

Nice vid. Looks like big fun

03BeastCharmer

So how are you enjoying your M3?

330indy1

it is so capable it scares me a bit.
    the "connectedness" of the steering is another dimension.... even above the Z4M.
    The linearity of the throttle is a pleasure, as the rev range is so extended. I love the dual personality: Mr. Polite and easy to drive smoothly, and The Beast within that is easily awoken.
    I am happy to say I do not have any desire to mod this thing. It is so complete. I wonder if I'll ever meet the limits of this thing. Something to aspire to. I have a buddy/neighbor who's a member at Putnam Park just outside of Indy. he has a hopped up Corvette. He has given the open invitation to join him for some private track time. Need to properly break her in first, as the S65 needs it, not to mention proper oil changes, aka "OCIs".
    As for around town....I have to watch the potholes very closely due to the ZCP wheels. Oh man. But the steering is so sharp and quick I can avoid things pretty easily, if I see them that is!

MGarrison

Will you be at Putnam next June for the BMWCCA Hoosier/Bluegrass ds or Memorial Day weekend @ Mid-Ohio w/ the Northern Ohio chapter?