Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Appraisal

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by evolution, Apr 12, 2013.

evolution

My 88 325 IX is coming to near to complete restoration. Is there anyone out there that can provide me with a reputable person that does appraisals? I live in the wyoming, michigan area. Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Zdaneman

By the way, whats the cost on a full restoration?

evolution

to bring it back to showroom condition minus the stock radio (upgraded to one that plays cd's but, still have the original) was between 55 and 60K. That is for a COMPLETE rebuild of everything mechanical, COMPLETELY new interior, and a COMPLETE paint job to include trim and moldings. I really would like to get it appraised for insurance purposes.

MGarrison

With that kind of expenditure, although I'm no insurance expert, you probably will want to go some route like a "stated value" policy. Although E30's are great cars, and many, at 25 years old or older now may qualify for 'classic' status and the like, they are not exotic or exceptionally rare (even if they are getting rarer due to attrition) - I kinda doubt any fair-market appraisal you'd get would get you a valuation much more than $15-$20k, and I'm not sure who out there would be willing to go much more than $15k, unless you know of specific 'ix sales in the price range you're talking about. I love E30's though, and I applaud your willingness to make one as perfect as you can, it's always great to see the degree of enthusiasm out there people have for the venerable E30 chassis - I hope we get to read about your project in the Roundel and see it at an O'Fest or some club event some day! Congrats on the project!