Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Noob in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ken.S.330, May 21, 2013.

Ken.S.330

Hi all!, I am from Vancouver, no not Canada, Washington (state), it's right near Portland, OR. I bought my 2006 330i in August 2012. It has the adaptive HID headlights, sports package, and asymmetrical wheel sizes with run flat Potenzas. Unfortunately it has an automatic, it was a requirement that was put in place by the budget committee. It is black on black.

The dealer that I bought it from included holograms and swirls in the paint at no extra charge. I picked up a bunch of Griot's supplies from Neil at Sidedraught City in Portland and will spend some time in the garage polishing and waxing.

This is the first BMW I have ever owned. I have owned mostly Honda's and Toyota's with an 1970 MGB and 1980 Fiat X1/9 in past. I have to say that I am very impresssed with the level of grip that the car has, and that is only based on what I have experienced on the street at this point. I am hoping that the budget committee with find the funds to let me do some track days in the future.

I joined the BMW CCA a few months ago and just signed up to attend the Portland Historic Races this summer.

kgmoodyz4

Welcome to the group. I understand the trouble with getting things past the budget committee. Good Luck!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club, forums & bimmerdom in general!

charlson89

Welcome to the club!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, welcome to the asylum! Sometimes it's easier to go with an automatic than to teach somebody how to drive a manual!