Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New member from PA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by xios135, May 8, 2013.

xios135

Hello all,

I'm a new BMW CCA member from PA (Philly). I currently own a 2010 135i Montego Blue convertible. I've owned the car for a little over two years and is my first BMW and first european car for that matter. Everything before this has been a Miata or some sort of Japanese "sports" car. Looking forward to interacting with others who are in love with their cars as much as the Miata community.

mrsbee guest

*rubs hands together*
    Fresh Meat...

I've been trying to start a SIG group for One Owners...maybe we can make something happen.

Welcome to the forums!

I fear your Hannibal Lecter approach may have scared the gentleman..........

xios135

LOL....I'm still here.

mrsbee guest

I figure, perhaps incorrectly, that if THAT scares him off, he probably shouldn't be in the forums anyways.

I don't know, "Fresh meat" is the usual "hello" is prison movie scripts. It's a pretty scary scenario for that vast majority of folks.

mrsbee guest

This is NOT a prison movie - or at least - I don't THINK it is.

I apologize, xios135, if I have terrified you to the point of never wanting to converse with us prisoners. I'm really quite harmless - unless of course I'm meaning harm - then I'm dangerous.

drummerfc

Philly, eh? Welcome to the club (asylum)! I'm from your area (Voorhees NJ). God...do our sports teams suck right now or WHAT? :eek::mad:

If you want to avoid the "stealer" prices for maintenance and are interested in a good indy mechanic, I can set you up with one not far, just over the Ben Franklin bridge, in Stratford. PM me and let me know if you're interested!

floydarogers

Sometimes, we've wondered the same of you...

mrsbee guest

Hmm. I'm not sure that was very nice.

MGarrison

I don't know, maybe this is starting to sound like a prison movie... except without the failure to communicate....!

Well, uh, anyway - Welcome to the club & forums!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome to the Delaware valley chapter! When you start receiving the chapter newsletter, you will see that this is an event-filled, active group: track event per month during the summer, a nice end of summer picnic, some fun drives and a swag-soaked annual banquet. Hope you'll consider joining in for some of these events, the people are great. Met the architect for my house and the wizards who keep my cars running pretty through this group,too!

floydarogers

I find that the oxycodone I'm on (back surgery a week ago) is perhaps making me think I can actually quip effectively. Apologies if I'm not totally coherent...

What I do know is that it really hurts my back because the sports seats are trying to give good support but the incision is long and deep, and if I take oxy to deal with the pain i can't keep the car on the road.

charlson89

Welcome to the club, I'm sure you will like your car very fun!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum. I see you've already met some of our colorful inmates!

See you at the Pittsburgh Grand Prix, maybe?

xios135

Jeez...with all the prison references I'll be sure not to drop the soap. My skin has thickened over the past couple of years as a result of time spent on Bimmerpost (1addicts.com).

xios135

Thanks for the offer. I have maintenence until this fall and 7/100,000 extended warranty coverage courtesy of the "nice" people of BMWNA. It's amazing what they offer when you mention "lemon law".

xios135

I just ordedred my plate last week!

drummerfc

Ok, that's good...you can't beat something when they're giving it to you!