Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 528I 97 Halo Headlights Advice

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by Sven, Apr 11, 2013.

Sven

I want to replace my current headlights with the Halo Projector Headlight kit(s). Purely for looks obviously since my current originals are working fine. Any advice? Which kits are the ones to consider and not too expensive? Is this a DIY project for a medium experienced DIYer?

BRKist528 KissKiss

I went with "Hella" brand for the conversion. The rings aren't as bright in the day time, but they were a direct replacement when installed with the conversion kit wire harness. I ordered mine from TurnerMotorSports.com for around $600, about a year ago. I have not had any issues. Plug-n-play, easier than changing your oil. "Hella" was the original brand equiped, I like the idea of sticking with the same brand. Plus "Hella" uses a polycarbonate polymer which is much stronger and more durable than anything else you will find.

Attached Files:

• Conv.jpg
      Conv.jpg
      File size:
      865.1 KB
      Views:
    Sven likes this.

Sven

Wow - that looks great. Thanks for the advice. Sounds like the way to go!

black528i

I have a 97 E39 too and I went with Umnitza. Since you have a '97 you will have to tap into existing wiring. Bimmer fest/forums has some good DIYs on getting it installed.

black528i

[IMG]
    Sven likes this.

Sven

Thanks for the replies.
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Beautiful looking car!