Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Got letter in mail from BMWCCA re. Liberty Mutual Insurance

Discussion in 'Buy, Lease, Finance & Insurance' started by Leon2, Jul 23, 2009.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, they OWE it to us, because we're BMW CCA MEMBERS! BOW DOWN, YE VASSALS!

Oops. Sorry. Must be taking those cranky pills again.

Bob Stern

I'd appreciate hearing members' experiences with which insurance companies (besides Liberty Mutual) are most likely to pay for new OEM parts instead of used/salvage parts or inferior aftermarket parts.

(Regarding which company has the lowest premiums, nationwide comparisons are meaningless because the companies have different schemes for rating by zipcode and car model, so the only meaningful price comparisons are quotes you get for your specific zipcode and cars.)
    • Staff

steven s

Hi Bob.;)
    With Nationwide I was able to pay a slightly higher premium to use OE parts. That is limited to cars x years old. I no longer have it for my 91 and 96 since since a fender bender will pretty much total them. I think we are still paying the premium on our 2003 Mini.

Bob Stern

Thanks, Steven.

Amica and State Farm both told me they do NOT offer an endorsement to cover OEM parts.

cduenas1

I'm wondering if I'm about to have an issue with State Farm. I recently had a minor incident in a parking lot (my fault) and I took the car to a BMW certified collision repair center. The shop basically said that State Farm is the worst company they have to deal with because their policies require the use of "recycled" (read: junkyard) parts when available and BMW certified shops are only allowed to use new OEM parts...We shall see what happens... I may need to switch companies if I can find one that will insure me (considering I just filed a claim) and promise to use new OEM parts.

drummerfc

Hmmm...interesting. I just got a letter over the weekend from Liberty Mutual offering a quote that's literally @50% cheaper than I'm currently paying with GEICO. But, it appears from some of the letters above that I should stick with the little green British-speaking lizard and not switch, correct? :confused:

I should qualify my comments with the disclosure of dealing with GEICO over the late-summer after my daughter's accident with my wife's car. They were GREAT (can I say they were GREAT again? OK - they were GREAT)! Within 15 minutes of calling them I had the claim initiated, a claim adjuster assigned with all appointments made to review the damage, a rental car agreement set up for pick-up that afternoon (they picked ME up!), and all the wheels in motion for repairs. The car had over $20,000 in damage and they paid every cent sans $500 deductable, PLUS almost every cent of the rental. The car came back looking like it was never even hit. Annnnd - to top it off, we may even qualify for accident-forgiveness come renewal-time.

I'm sure it (Liberty Mutual policy) wouldn't be that cheap after I let them know I have a teenage driver with an accident on her record LOL! Also, I don't know if I could put a price on that kind of service or dump them after their awesome help in that situation.

cduenas1

Just an update to my prior post, State Farm agreed to use all new OEM parts for my repairs without argument. My estimator at New Century BMW said it was the first time they agreed to do so without a fight.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Yeah, this thread has been going on for a while. I stopped at Geico---the bastids who fund radar guns for the gendarmes...
    MGarrison likes this.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Exactly the reason why I have never even considered Geico. "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." Or something like that...
    MGarrison likes this.

VA_John

GEICO will drop you after your first major accident. This is Warren Buffett's honey pot from which all of his crony capitalist wealth springs. The people that work at GEICO have Liberty Mutual Insurance. Just an FYI.

drummerfc

Umm...not true. Still with them after my daughter's accident in August. They did NOT drop her - actually, they have accident forgiveness which allowed my rates to stay the same since before the incident.

Wiggum

Recently got my first BMW 328xi . 2013. Liberty Mutual was 650.00 more than Geico. Online quote for Liberty Mutual was 300 dollars cheaper than Geico. When I called they jumped it up so high