Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

My new purchase Z4 warranty..

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by rlubocki, May 9, 2008.

rlubocki guest

I recently purchased a 2004 BMW Z4 3.0i . It has been sitting around for quite sometime, and my warranty runns out in October of this year. What is the best way to go to a BMW dealer and ask for diagnostics, lube job, just refresh the car, so the fuael line is clean. I had it for 2 weeks, and I do believe I need to strech it out for resting for so long. I noticed during my mornings cold starts, when I crank the engine and it finally kicks in, it goes to 1500 rpm, and then for some reason the idle drops for a second, and the engine almost stalls but then it picks up.. This ONLY happens in the mornings, later on the day, its fine. The idle is also fine, its just that one instance in the morning.. Maybe its just unstreching from a long rest? Maybe after few refills and miles it will catch up?.. I know these cars have lots of sensors, and I was thinking of putting cleaner fluid into the gas, it wont set off any alarms?
    I appriciate any feedback..
    RL

bobver

BMW will change the oil every 12 months if the vehicle does not have enough miles for the normal service interval. I'd ask the dealer to check the car out when you take it in for the oil change.

rlubocki guest

I will definetly do that. I am doe for a State inspection, and will mention this,
    Thanks for advise

RL