Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

convertible top problem 2007 M6 (E64)

Discussion in 'E63/E64 (2004-2010)' started by johnnyz, Apr 11, 2013.

johnnyz

I put the top down then back up with no problem got the message "convertible top movement complete" The next morning I got the message "convertible top not locked" to make it worse the front and rear windows are stuck halfway down, they wont budge AND the trunk will not open. The top is definitely closed. one last thing, ive noticed that after i set the time and date after a day or two they are erased and i get message to set time and date. could this be an electrical/sensor issue?
    Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated
    Thank you my friends
    Johnny Z

MGarrison

No clue - only guess might be battery issue - apparently new BMW's can have all kinds of things go haywire if they're short on power from low battery charge.

charlson89

MGarrison is correct you seem to be having a battery issue. The major sign of the battery starting to fail is the loss of the time and date. This can also cause the top not to operate properly. You should replace you battery and register the new battery to your vehicle.

johnnyz

Thanks mates. The dealer adjusted the top and charged the battery. It was fine for about 2 weeks now the time and date are erasing again. Any ideas? Bad alternator? Possible wiring issues?

MGarrison

charlson89

Yes sounds like time for a new battery.

ajrfour

I have the same problem as the OP without the loss of date and time. My research shows that this is a common problem with the E64 but have not come across a solution. Thought I would try hear before I turn it over to the professionals.

charlson89

Are you having a problem with the top not moving at all?