Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Roadside Assistance with basic membership

Discussion in 'Member Benefits and Questions' started by e30rookie, Nov 15, 2012.

e30rookie

It appears that the premier membership no longer exists. However, the website is a bit confusing as it appears that regular members have the premier benefits. Do regular members get the benefit of free towing? If so, what is the number to reach the service provider?

Thank you,

Mike
    • Staff

steven s

Standard membership does not include Roadside Assistance.
    We are close to offering it again.

There are still members who have Premier Membership for a few more years.

328ioc

Steven,

What is the ETA on the roadside assistance? And is there any where we can find more information about it?

Depending what it offers I will most likely drop my AAA Towing when roadside assistance is available again.
    • Staff

steven s

We are looking at January.

ual767flyr

January 2013? ;)
    • Staff

steven s

I was only told January.
    But yes. January 2013.
    I bring it up at every meeting since my roadside assistance ended 10/2012. :)

328ioc

Steven has there been any update on this?
    • Staff

steven s

I asked about this just yesterday.
    Hopefully by the end of the month.

328ioc

Great thanks!

mikeymac12

Will roadside assistance include motorcycles too? And now it's the end of Feb., any news?
    • Staff

steven s

I wish I had a date, but we are still waiting on a few things before we can launch the program.

Bimmzorz Some guy with some stuff

Count me in the ready-to-plunk-cash-and-get-premier-back category.

CRKrieger

Counting on having it back before my CURRENT Premier membership expires next year.

kefry

Any update on this? I see Roadside Assistance under Benefits but no information about signing up...

Bimmzorz Some guy with some stuff

Huh! Looks like it's back. Looks like $75 for a year? If you renew you have the option to add it but I can't find a way to upgrade an existing membership with it.

Huge shame that they didn't post here when they added it back in. Maybe I'll call this week and see if it can be manually added easily.

elliottsb BMW CCA Director of IT

I apologize that we didn't post it here, but we are currently in a soft-launch phase. Nation Safe Drivers (NSD) stopped accepting new BMW CCA members so we had to find a new roadside assistance partner. The club is now partnered with Road America Motor Club and we currently have 46 members using their service.

We'll be kicking off a more aggressive advertising campaign beginning with a drop-in card in the December issue of Roundel.

If you would like to add roadside assistance to your current membership, please give us a call at the National Office at 864-250-0022 and we will be happy to add it.

If it is time for you to renew (and you are not on automatic renewal), you can add it onto your next membership term on the website with the following steps:
    1. Visit the Manage Account area
    2. Click "Renew Your Membership"
    3. Click "Renew And Make Membership Changes"
    4. Choose your desired membership term and click renew
    5. Click "Additional Membership Options" and check Roadside Assistance
    6. Continue through the checkout process
    7. Add the vehicles to the Garage that you wish to have covered with roadside assistance

CRKrieger

I've got about another year left on my membership with the old plan. Can I modify the covered vehicles for the balance of that period? F'rinstance, none of the ones I started with are still around ...
    • Staff

steven s

The old plan will terminate with your membership. When you renew it will be with the new plan if you choose.
    Only the new plan requires you to have your cars listed in your garage.

CRKrieger

Thanks. Looks like I'm still onboard for almost another year yet. Can I get extra cards for my extra cars? If so, I'd need two.