Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

This was share worthy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrsbee, Mar 30, 2013.

drummerfc

You got that RIGHT!

Also, just listen to Neal Peart of Rush or Steward Copeland of the Police...take just about any song by those groups...and it doesn't even have to be a solo, you can appreciate a virtuoso at work in either case!

Now you're just HATIN'...

LOL!!!
    MrsBee likes this.

mrsbee guest

At least I didn't give my HONEST opinion on drum solos...

mrsbee guest

Drum solo's are OK.............as long as the Bass, Washboard, Saw and Jug solos are finished......

mrsbee guest

...and the spoon solo. You really can't beat a good spoon solo (get it, beat)

kgmoodyz4

What about more cowbell?

CRKrieger

I gotta tell you, MrsBee, "Moby Dick" worked on the studio version, but when Bonham stretched it out to over 10 minutes in concert, you just wanted to rip your ears off. I know that from experience (Cleveland, '77).

Too much of anything is, nonetheless, too much.
    MrsBee likes this.

mrsbee guest

Totally agreed! I think it was The Song Remains The Same (the movie) where the band just walks off and there are random scenes of trains and bell towers and such - plus that whole sausage in the pants fiasco - all the while I'm watching thinking quietly to myself "Where's the mute button?"