Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello all. Robert here

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ifmrobert, Aug 10, 2012.

ifmrobert

Picked up an E34 535 this past weekend. Despite the riding weather, I put my bike in the garage, and have driven it to work all this week. I really wanted to get acquainted with it and have had a blast so far. Its the very one that I had wanted for some time. I'm a little besides myself right now.

MGarrison

Congrats! (I have an '89 535i ;))

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Welcome!!

This is a safe place to share those feelings you are having about your car! :)

ifmrobert

Well thank you. :)

It was a great week. With a buddy of mine, a prior E36 and current E90 owner, I went through the service records and complete set of manuals, including the radio code cards and the NOAA weather radio channel guide. Wow, the folks before me kept everything from the first oil change through to some routine maintenance just a couple of months ago! I even found the original window sticker and, get this, a couple of hand written notes where one of the owners didn't get a receipt (or lost it) and instead detailed the work accomplished with the mileage and date. I'm in the processing of organizing the records into a folder for safe keeping.

I've also done some interior cleaning and overall inspecting too. The OEM radio and surrounding panels look new. The steering wheel, although a little worn, is also clean. I'll be working on the center console next. I need to look into a good alternative to Armor All.

I decided to degrease the engine this weekend. I found a great post on Bimmerfest where there were a few options and opinions on the best cleaner to use. I decided on Spray and Wash - now called Resolve. The job it did was amazing and effortless.

Then just tonight, my driver's window decided to come off the track. I was lucky to get it all the way up. Looks like I'll be doing some window maintenance next which will include a driver's door hinge/door brake R&R. After that its on to the short list:

- Motor and transmission mounts R&R
    - The clunk coming from my front driver's side wheel/suspension. Hoping that's the mount.
    - Health check on the rest of the windows
    - Blank OBC input unit. By what I see on the OBC display at the bottom of the instrument panel, the system appears to be working.

Ok, now I wish I had done a better job of naming this thread.

Thanks again! I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

MGarrison

Sounds like you have a handle on things for starters; Continue with any maintenance/technical/etc. discussions in the forum section for E34's so others down the line may more easily find your shared experience and insight! ;)

ifmrobert

Will do, thanks! ;)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! Don't listen to Chris! When he says "safe," he means "surrounded by sphincters who know EVERYthing about EVERYthing!

ifmrobert

Hahaha! My people!
    MrsBee likes this.

evolution

Hello. Evolution here. I don't know if I understood your post but....if you have the original window sticker for a 1988 BMW 325 IX....I would truly enjoy getting a copy of it. I am in the final stages of restoring mine and this is one document I have not been able to obtain. my email address is: w_good@att.net. Thank you in advance.

charlson89

Welcome to the club!