Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Concourse classes

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by 190833, Mar 1, 2013.

"If you are entering the judging portion of the Concours, please review the classes prior to registration."

Where are these classes listed?

AlanRich

They show up on the registration form after you check the "judged" category. There is a drop-down menu with the classes such as Vintage, Modified, etc...
    steven s likes this.

please review the classes prior to registration

They show up on the registration form after you check

interesting...
    • Staff

steven s

On the http://bmwccaofest.org site.
    Click on Concours on the left side menu.
    Ouch! They are not there. Hold on!

They are there now there. They where probably hidden for review.
    I'll see about adding a popup to the registration form so you don't need to leave the form.

Still hidden from public view. I'm going to choose "novice concourse CL" which I'm guessing the CL means "clean." Never participated in a concourse before, racetracks are usually more interesting.
    • Staff

steven s

You may need to refresh your browser.
    http://www.bmwccaofest.org/concours-classes.phtml

Yes, CLean.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

What, you mean you haven't yet experienced the thrill of Q-Tip addiction?!

Me, neither!
    :)

mryflyguy

Where is a description of the expectations for presentation levels? Couldn't find anything published.

(CL) Clean: Interior and Exterior.
    (SC) Super Clean: Interior, Exterior, Trunk, and Engine Compartment.
    (CO) Concours Original: Authenticity and originality are considered as primary criteria. Vehicles are prepared with attention to quality and originality to detail as expected in formal Concours d'Elegance.
    (CM) Concours Modified: Authenticity is not considered; vehicles prepared with enhancements, modification and/or personalization as desired by owner.
    (spectator) For those not showing their car but wishing to attend and view.
    (display) For those placing their car on display for others to view (not judged).

dmmai

This may be a silly question but, I don't recall noticing the (spectator) class before.
    Does one need to register for this spectator "class" in order to simply spectate?
    Will entry onto the grounds and viewing of the cars be allowed to any/all O'Fest participants?

Thanks

MGarrison

I don't know what that means - As for access, once you get through the first five or six levels of security, all that's left is the body cavity strip search, and you'll be right in. Just kidding - show up, park, stroll, look. etc., should be just fine as far as I know! ;)