Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Dress for Dinners

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by oregonBMW, Feb 23, 2013.

oregonBMW

This will be the first Oktoberfest that we have attended (thank you for having it on the Left Coast!) and since we are driving down from Portland OR in an E46 convertible, we have to pack light. Wondering what is worn for the various dinners. Casual (jeans and t shirts), business causal (Dockers and polo shirts) or ???

Thanks
    • Staff

steven s

Some people getting dressed up, but most don't.
    Casual is fine. T-shirts maybe not for the dinner though. :)

03BeastCharmer

Polo and jeans are fine for most nights. Friday dinner is usually a little dressier. Dress shirt, but no tie and khaki by most.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Bib overalls over bare skin may be considered inappropriate, depending on the tattoos.

oregonBMW

Only have one tattoo, so I guess my bib overalls would be appropriate. I will see if I can dig out my dress bib overalls, just for the occasion!

Satch SoSoCalifortified

You jest---but it reminds me of my college days, when we had a Spring formal planned, and my friend Jim Houston loudly avowed that he would not go if he had to wear anything but Levi's. So we made him a Levi's tuxedo: velvet appliques to the lapels of a Levi's jacket, and satin stripes up the side seam of his Levi's. This was in Alaska, of course, where a tuxedo would have seemed outré.

AeroSC

The dress is as casual as you want to make it. For fun, we went to the awards dinner in tuxedos last year just to do something different. It was nice to get some wear out of that thing and it makes a great picture if you win a prize!