Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Transmission Hesitation?

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by dcutler1, Feb 1, 2013.

dcutler1

I have a 2011 328i Sport with an automatic transmission. Since it was new, when I pull away from a stop while applying a little more than normal throttle, it seems to have a hesitation. I'm wondering if this in normal for these cars or if this is something I should talk to the dealer about. Has anyone else noticed this kind of issue with their cars?

charlson89

I would talk to you dealer about this issue you are having incase it gets worse. Make sure you take a technician with you so he can feel the hesitation. I always like to ride with my customers when they have ride quality issue. If there are no bulletins fit the issue you are talking and can be duplicated the first thing I do is clear the transmission adaptations and see if the issue gets better or worse. If worse then we can diag further and get a BMW engineer involved if need be.

floydarogers

Pretty much everyone on some of the more popular forums complains about this. Resetting the transmission adaptations can offer some relief. Some people like the Sprint Booster or similar software updates. Part of it is that the transmission (at least on 335i/335d) starts in 2nd, to increase fuel economy (unless you're in sport mode.)

sgilmore

I had a similar issue with my 2008 335i. I took a technician for a ride with me and he suggested they would re-boot (my term) the transmission programing. He explained the transmission's capacity to "adapt" to our driving habits and the re-boot could help eliminate the hesitation. After the re-boot the hesitation was gone. I'll keep you posted...

dcutler1

Thanks all ! I'll talk to the dealer and see if I can take a mechanic for a ride with me the next time I have the car into the dealer.