Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Member - Lincoln, NE

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by thejonross, Feb 1, 2013.

thejonross

Hey everybody,

I am a new member from Lincoln, NE. I purchased my first BMW, an E46 325xi, in November of 2011 and just recently traded our Cadillac SRX for an E53 X5 which my wife, Kelli, drives.

Not too much of a story, just a newer devotee to the marque. I am happy to be part of the club.

charlson89

Welcome to the club congrats on the cars. Glad to see some other NE coming to the club!
    thejonross likes this.

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

The stories are yet to come! Welcome to the fold...
    thejonross likes this.

mrsbee guest

Keep being happy to be part of the club! If your enthusiasm wanes, just look here for encouragement. I'm not sure how many exciting roads there are in Nebraska to tear up, but enjoy the ride no matter what!

Welcome to the club, you've joined at a wonderful time!
    thejonross likes this.

MGarrison

Wilkommen!!
    thejonross likes this.

thejonross

Thank you all for your words of welcome!

thejonross

Now that I have some more time on my hands, I'll share a bit more about myself, my family and my vehicles.

I live in Lincoln, NE with my wife Kelli and my 2 year old son Mikah. I spend my work week at the University of Nebraska as a computer systems administrator and technology consultant. I have lived in Nebraska since 2004 when I attended college at Concordia University in Seward, which is where Kelli and I met. Prior to that, I was born and raised in Clinton, IA on the banks of the Mississippi River.

Prior to purchasing my first bimmer in 2011, I mostly had driven Dodge trucks (with the exception of a Dodge Magnum station wagon lowrider, which I ditched in early 2010 for my third and final Dodge Ram). After getting fed up with fueling a 5,000 lbs truck, I began a search for a AWD sedan.my search led me to an Audi A4, Jag x-type and an 325xi. I decided to look at the 3-series first, and as you may expect, drove it off the lot immediately and never...never looked back. Next is my wifes car. She originally drove an '04 Stratus when we were first married, which we traded for a 1st gen Cadillac SRX (she was sold solely on the seats....good seats add horsepower and handling so I hear... After a year of persuasion (and complete frustration with GMs quality) we traded the SRX away for an E53 X5 and never...never looked back :)

I DIY almost every maintenance item on our two vehicles (and my sons Hummer PowerWheel) and can be found poking around in my garage whenever the temperature is above 40. I have found our cars to be incredibly rewarding to work on and would be excited to help any other members with their DIY projects too..providing I can get a furlough from my wonderful bride.

I hope to hear from, and meet, you all soon. Keep on keepin on.

Regards.
    MrsBee, eblue540 and MGarrison like this.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Welcome to the asylum! We have plenty of corn around this place, so you should feel right at home!

mattm

I just posted this on the other new member from Lincoln post:

You folks from Lincoln and the surrounding areas host a ton of Solo events at the Lincoln Air Park. Most are with the SCCA (sorry BMWCCA folks). Spring Nationals over Memorial Day (Pro Solo and National Tour) then the SCCA Tire Rack Solo Nationals and and Pro Solo Finale in the very end of August and beginning of September. You'll get about 1,200 competitors (around 1,150 in 2012, including moi in the 1M). And my favorite restaurant out in the city: Blue Orchid (Thai). :)