Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Combine your love of the bar and your BMW

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrsbee, Jan 18, 2013.

mrsbee guest

alpinaman likes this.

alpinaman

good idea for a desk at my shop :)

charlson89

That is a really cool idea :cool:

mrsbee guest

I must say, for being an incredibly biased site, Jalopnik has some pretty entertaining stuff. Although, some of it makes me shake my fist, it just is what it is. Like any other site, you take the good and the bad.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I would like them better if they had a #$%! copy editor. Anybody who can't figure out the correct instance of "whom" or "who" should not be allowed to write. In addition, they are still in what I call the Puerile Language Phase: using certain alarming words just because they can. Remember when you were in, like, third grade and some idiot would say, "You go to H-E-DOUBLE-TOOTHPICKS!"? Well, apparently those little toads grew up and found online writing gigs.

CRKrieger

Whom da man? YOUM da man!

Not that you can make any money at it, but everybody can publish on the web. Just start typing and your intellectual notions are captured for posterity......

Someday. we'll find something better to do with our time and let entertainment and news to people that want to do it as a career. Of course, that means we'll demand more creativity than reality TV shows or talking head opinion articles.

OK, I'm off my soap box..........

MGarrison

Yes, posterity, or, for as long as whatever you stick on the web remains accessible... when a site, server, or page goes down or away, so goes whatever was on it; there is a nebulous quality to cyber-based info that we typically don't see due to the general reliability and consistency of the underlying electronic infrastructure.

mrsbee guest

I'm going to stay out of this one. I'm kind of famous for posting things with incorrect grammar and offending people with my extremely witty sense of humor. That's the glory of the interwebs, the chances of actually meeting any of my "readers" is pretty slim.

I have learned, however, that I should keep my philosophical interweb posting to my own private blog and keep it off of the public forums. I think my Grandfather said it best - when asked if he wanted a Facebook account he said "why the hell do I want to know what some damn neighbor is having for dinner or if their toilet is broken. I've got my own plumbing to deal with".

Jalopnik, for me, is just a catalyst to waste time. Maybe, just maybe it's soaked into my brain and my next Roundel Weekly article with be Jalopnik-eque.

Nah. I've got too much pride for that...for now.
    • Staff

steven s

Good. :)
    BTW- You have a very nice compliment in the Feb letters by a long time member and past club president.

mrsbee guest

Watch out, I just might get an ego or something. You know me, Steven, get me wound up and I don't shut up.

(spoiler alert - be prepared this months Upstate meeting is going to feature a VERY special guest speaker, and no, it's not the cow from the other thread)

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I think we should steal the cow story for Roundel Weakly!

MGarrison

"...Weakly!" :p

old joke:

The Three Stages of Marriage:

Tri-Weekly
    Try Weekly
    Try Weakly

Roundel 'Weakly' might be appropriate - the cow picture has been getting passed around facebook (I saw it first as a share from another club member) - haven't been able to identify any source for it, some have said the license plate indicates the car is somewhere in Russia or Kazakhstan. It's plausibly more likely a photoshopped image than real - look at the the front tire in view - you have to guess that cow weighs at least 800 lbs. and more likely, 1000 or more - you can see the top edge of the snow in the tire, there doesn't appear to be any suspension compression. If a cow actually did get itself on the hood, you'd think not only would the front suspension be fully compressed, the back would be up too, the hood would be buckled up from the lights, and there might be scuff marks on the bumper, it seems a bit implausible a cow could get onto the hood without some hooves scrabbling against the bumper. Doesn't matter much if it's a photoshop job, it's still funny, even more so being on a BMW - if facebook is any indication, people find the idea of a cow opting to lounge on the hood of a car both very amusing, and plausible, even if unlikely. So, yes, Roundel, Weakly! :)