Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Ofest 2013

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2013' started by steven s, Oct 24, 2012.

• Staff

steven s

Touring525i4dawgs likes this.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Subscribed!

03BeastCharmer

Ready for that long Road Monkey trek back home to California :) Glad to see the videos!! Subscribed to e-mails also!!
    • Staff

steven s

Almost 300 subscribed the first night.
    I hope that's a good sign.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

Done!

Touring525i4dawgs '02 525it M sport

03BeastCharmer

Any idea when hotel registration will open up? Also, when will Ofest registration open up?
    • Staff

steven s

Shooting to open Ofest Registration March 1.
    The office will also be handling hotel reservations at that time.

dschultz 07 Z4 M Coupe

Having never been to an Ofest, I'm looking forward to this one since it's sort of in my back yard. Monterey being just an hour and and half from me in the Bay Area. But taking a week off work is kind of tough... is it practical to cherry pick the events and just drive down for a couple or three days or would that miss the whole point?
    • Staff

steven s

You could pick and choose.
    The Concours will be held Tuesday if you can get away during the day.
    If you needed to pick one day, that might be the day.
    Might consider the Friday night awards dinner too.

Satch SoSoCalifortified

I think it depends on your interests. As a Golden Gate Chapter member, you may already have driven in a school at Laguna Seca, but that will be a major attraction for many more-distant members. The back-roads tours and rallies laid out by Ken Whitson are truly spectacular, for those who enjoy that sort of thing. GGC is a very active autocross chapter, of course, so I'm sure the tire-burnin' crowd will be focused on those two days.

I think the driving schools will run Wednesday--Saturday (please correct me, Steven, if I'm wrong about that!), so it should be possible to come just on Friday for one day of school and the banquet... or school Saturday, if you're off one weekends. That would only cost one day of work.

dschultz 07 Z4 M Coupe

Hmmm, well, Laguna is practically my home track, I can't miss that. And I have to do the autocross as well. And the back roads tours sound fantastic. I might even want to take a swing at the concours, though I'm pretty sure I'm not nearly ocd enough to be competitive... oh wait, may be I am... hmmm, perhaps I'll just have to take the week off. Damn.
    steven s likes this.