Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello from Long Island

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by majin e39, May 7, 2008.

majin e39 guest

Whats up everyone. I just joined BMWCCA after hearing about it from a current member. I just picked up a Toledo Blue 2002 BMW 530i with premium package from a family member.

I recently sold a 2006 graphite gray pearl Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR with about $10,000 put into it (stock turbo and internals, turbo back exhaust, intake, boost controller, methanol injection, bride seats, and a bunch of exterior and interior dress up and performance parts). With ecu tuning and 30 pounds of boost, the car dyno'd at 390whp and 405wtq. I wont lie, I miss her every time I see a subaru sti on the highway, but thats another story.

I live in nassau county, long island, and look forward to maybe coming to some meets and learning as much as I can about BMW's, because up until this point, I have only owned Japanese cars.

As far as the 530i, I put way too much money into the evo and plan on taking it easy (then again thats what I said about the evo, and look what happened there lol). My plans are to tint the windows, and get a set of wheels. Right now I am leaning towards either the Beyern Mesh, or the ASA AR1's. I would love to get a set of the style 42 wheels that came with the sport package for 2002, but so far have not been able to find a used set anywhere.

186810 guest

Welcome from Staten Island

What's up John. Nice to see you joined the best car club in the world!!! Check out www.nybmwcca.org for a closer look at our home chapter. Local club events are listed there.

majin e39 guest

speaking of the member that told me to join lol

thanks Mike

az3579

My God, where did you get an Evo MR? I didn't think they sold them in this country?

majin e39 guest

It was a 2006, the MR's were readily offered in the states

had a 6 speed tranny and bilstein shocks, along with aluminum roof, aero parts, etc

az3579

Has it really been that long? Wow, I thought they first appeared in '07...

Time reeeeeeeeally flies. Seems like yesterday that I bought my car almost 2 years ago. :D

majin e39 guest

it sure does...the evos were here in 2003