Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Want to maintain it myself. Please help.

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Rebstop, May 6, 2008.

Rebstop

As the proud owner of a 2006 E90 325i, I can honestly say that I am scared if the maintenance schedule that BMW has it on for the "Free Dealer Service" for the first 4yr/50,000miles. 15,000miles seems ridiculous for the first oil change!! I understand why they don't do more (save money, save the environment, etc.), and I'd like to do more myself. I would like to use the Inspection (I & II) Schedule that older BMW's had (E24, E30, E32) as a basis for determining items to service on this car. Can someone direct me to what is included in those services and what I can incorporate in to a service plan for an E90? Any info would be appreciated.

TeamStowell We love driving!

Rebstop

Thanks for this link. It's looks like a good supplement to the "Free Service" offered by the Dealer. Which reminds me of the old saying - "Pay me now, or PAY me later, either way..."

M3Driver guest

Contact Mike Miller of Roundel Tech Talk for his "old school" maintenance doc.

GregS_WI guest

May or may not be able to do it all

With the new models, you may have trouble doing some of the maintenance on any schedule. I thought it was the case that the diff(s) no longer have drain plugs. If true, it will be doubly difficult to suck the old fluid out the top -- can you get it all? What about the transmission? Do they have drain and fill plugs?

I don't mean to criticize the new models but the #1 reason they were crossed off our list is that I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep it running for 150,000 miles, considering I'm far from a dealer.

Good luck, I'm sure many will be interested in what you learn!