Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

85 325e

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by jdalemd, May 6, 2008.

jdalemd guest

First time to this site and from the looks of it, something I'll regret not finding earlier.
    Probably very simple questions, but I'll risk looking like a fool and go ahead:
    1) Live in the boonies and need to enter a radio code to operate said radio--any ideas on websites, etc. where I can enter the serial number/VIN, etc. and get the code??
    2). Car runs like a [excuse any national slight] Swiss watch but my onboard computer runs in dim mode: checked the bulb/fuse without success???

MGarrison

desertVert guest

Replacing that OBC bar is kind of a pain...have fun with it. ;)

And it sounds like a Swiss watch reference is a compliment more than a slight.

jmalter guest

HEAR THAT!

Where I've found that my E30 325e is not only pert' near indestructible (despite my best efforts), just sitting in its seat & belting in for my daily to/from work commute improves my driving skills. That I seem to be more aware of road & traffic conditions, and pay more attention to my mirrors, than I'd do when driving a winter-beater car. That lately, of several hundred double-clutch downshifts, I'd be hard-pressed to remember 5 that resulted in mis-matched revs. That this car has improved immeasureably - the more I drive it, the better it gets. I'm sure I'd feel the same way if i'd not spent $s on various upgrades, b/c I believe that the basic design of the E30 suspension was v.close to a 'driver's ideal'.

There was a BMW ad-campaign in the late 80's/early 90's that crowed about how the cars accelerated harder & braked down more quickly after they'd been 'broken in'. I signed up for that right away - my car has continued to improve after more than 20 years of close acquaintance.

Mebbe I've mis-phrased that - what I mean is, that driving my e3 improves my skills, not t'other way 'round!