Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

aftermarkrt headunit in a 90's bmw

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by e34_spangler, Dec 29, 2012.

e34_spangler

Got an e34 and as goes for the e36 it seems hard to find a headunit that glows amber and looks a bit like it shoild be there... any ideas would be great thanks!

eblue540 Fourth Gen Bimmers

Agree with you. It appears that replacing any factory head unit in a '90's BMW will get you a "mid-night in Vegas" light show that does not coordinate well in appearance with the rest of the look of the interior.

Love to be contradicted on this, but my admittedly casual looking in this area has not been succesful to date. I am happy with the "DICE" systems, although their availability seems to be a bit in question since Audiovox bought the line.

e34_spangler

Well I noticed my friend had this pioneer that looked so stock in his audi cause the plastic wasn't cheap whinny stuff and it light up red which I was like dangnt not amber but I saw on the forums how to change it to amber so bought one today they go for only like 50$ brand new since there discontinued got lucky haha