Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

March 2-3 ///M School

Discussion in 'Driving Schools' started by wellardmac, Dec 9, 2012.

wellardmac Ninja World Traveler

Anyone going? I signed up last week and can't wait for another trip to Greenville. :cool:

March 2-3: Members Only Two Day M School (additional dates below)

This program encompasses the full Two Day M School offered by BMW through its own professional instructors at the Performance Center. You will drive the Center’s own M cars including the competition package M3, F10 M5, and the brand-new M6.

On the first day, professional driving instructors emphasize elementary high-performance driving capabilities by exacting precision and refining your skills. The slalom, handling track, wet skid pad, open roads, and timed-run course will challenge even the best driver to master the power of the various M cars. But don’t worry if this is your first time; Performance Center instruction is geared to drivers of all skill levels, from beginner to professional. Day two raises the stakes with advanced driving techniques, like trail-braking and smooth, demanding cornering transitions. It’s helmets on as you take to the full length of the Performance Center’s test track and handling course.

This unique weekend provides the perfect opportunity to meet other members from around the country who share your passion for the BMW marque, and who appreciate the exhilaration of mastering high-performance driving skills.

The cost is $3,055 per person (single occupancy) with the CCA 15% discount, and includes:

• Two nights at the luxurious Marriott Greenville, including breakfast and evening cocktail
    • Two CCA member-only dinners and lunches at the center
    • Driving instruction from the BMW professional drivers of the Center
    • All ground transportation to the BMW Performance Center, and the Greenville airport
    • A BMW Hand-painted M helmet, M Jacket, and M polo shirt for your enjoyment

If you share a room at the Marriott (double occupancy), your rate drops to $2,855 per person. Even if you share your room with a non-driving participant, their weekend cost is only $500, and yours is $2,855. The Marriott offers the amenities of a spa and pools for a non-driving participant.

To register for one of these 15 spaces, please call BMW Registration at (888) 345-4BMW. You must have a valid BMW CCA membership to participate in this program. For additional information please contact Jackie Bechek, Director of National Events, at jbechek@bmwcca.org, or (864) 438-3403.

***The members only Two Day M School is being offered on four separate weekends throughout 2013 including March 2-3, April 13-14, June 1-2, and July 13-14.
    • Staff

steven s

Not me. :)

Yeah, I know - not something you can do everyday.

herbstz4m guest

Kinda bummed that they took the 1M out of the line-up. The car is a beast.

Enjoy. I only did the 1-Day earlier this year and it's stupid fun.

Yeah, I did a 1 day school earlier this year also and loved driving the 1M - a fun car, although, I have to admit I'm looking forward to driving the M6.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

I have 59 referrals so far this year and I'm hoping that just one of those referrals will win me a trip in the drawing!

I would say that the 1 day CCA M School is well worth the money - $600 to drive someone else's car like you stole it, wear down their tires, brakes, etc, and learn something in the process - all for less than the cost of a trip to the track in your own car - highly recommended.

The full price of the 1 and 2 day schools is a harder sell and not something everyone can justify every day.

I would say that $3K fee for the 2 day school is about the price of taking your own car to the track for a weekend when you factor in the work you would have to do to prepare the car, track fees, then replacement of tires and brakes - plus you have hotel and food on top of that. I'm happy to pay that price and do it in someone else's car and have them pay for hotel and food (as is the case for the 2 day M school)

$1200 for the full price of the 1 day school is a harder sell for me.

alefcole

I just signed up for the 2 day school, will be arriving from Philadelphia on march 1st and leaving march third after the event. If anyone here is going shoot me a line: Drconcha@msn.com, 2011 ZCP E92 M3

I look forward to meeting you! Are you from Philly, or the surrounding areas?

alefcole

I come from south jersey, initially i was planning to drive to SC with other M3's and come back via the tail of the dragon, but my buddies bail in the last minute. I will be flying solo this time. How about you, were are u coming/driving from??

mrsbee guest

While in the area, if you have an evening and need someplace to have dinner and a good beer, try Hans and Franz Biergarten. It's only about two miles from the center and has an unbeatable sausage sampler.

Have fun!

I'm in NC - it's about a 4 hour drive for me - not too bad. I'll be driven down early friday so that I can spend some time at the Zentrum. Unfortunately, factory tours for the day are already fully booked.

Thanks!

The great thing about this course is that all food is included. :) I'll have to remember this place for next time I'm in town though.

Thanks! The first night has dinner in the hotel courtesy of BMW, so maybe we can get together. Not sure when I'll get into town, but will give you a buzz when I land.

I've also seen the factory (last April), but like you was hoping to see some of the newer cars in production. :)

Had an Awesome time! Thanks to jackie for organizing an amazing event. I'm incredibly sore today, but it was well worth it for a weekend of the best driving I've ever had. Met some great people, got some good photos and am working on the video.

I can't wait to do this again!
    MrsBee likes this.